The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The December 2007 entrée: Marc DeSouza » » Surprises » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Marc, do you have a trick you liked,but were surprised that lay people didn't react stronger to?
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Marc DeSouza
View Profile
V.I.P.
Wayne, PA
162 Posts

Profile of Marc DeSouza
Hmm, that's a though provoking one. That would be like admitting failure wouldn't it? OK, I have a routine called The Seven Deadly Sins that I put a lot of work and money into. The initial three performances didn't garner the reaction I had hoped it would, but I'm not giving up hope. I'm just going to hack at the script with a blue pencil.

The basic routine is built around a candy box labelled the seven deadley sins. Upon opening the box, there are seven smaller candy boxes within, each containing one piece of candy and labelled with one of the sins. While my back is turned, or I can even be out of the room, each of seven participants comes forward, removes one of the boxes and puts it into a pocket. I can immediately devine in a
mysterious, yet humorous fashion, who has which box.

It is very verbal with lots of puns and gags about the sins, but the introductory portion is a bit long. I'm not afraid to have a lot of exposition befoer anything actually happens. Two of my strongest effects, The Floating Table and ghost box have five or six minutes of story before anything happens. In this case, it just doesn't seem to play as strong. It's a work in progress.

There, now I feel much better. Thanks Chris.

Marc
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Marc, thanks for giving us so much insite. There's a big difference in learning a workers proven effect and creating your own!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The December 2007 entrée: Marc DeSouza » » Surprises » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL