The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Destroying (signing) money legal? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
ragingoptimist
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of ragingoptimist
Every destroyed bill equals one less in circulation. Magic as a check on inflation, anyone? So some laws might still be on the books, but I imagine no magician has EVER been prosecuted for this.
Magi51
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of Magi51
I think its only illegal if you detroy the currency and then pay for something with it.
Kex
View Profile
Special user
Arlington, Texas
577 Posts

Profile of Kex
Quote:
On 2008-02-12 11:21, skinnyJon wrote:
If you were to borrow a bill from your brother-in-law cop and use it in a performance, wouldn't it now be a collectible? Thus, returning the bill to your brother-in-law could constitute an intent to bribe, and the only ethical thing to do would be to keep his money. I would suggest borrowing only higher denominations.

I love your idea and your logic here. LOL

Thanks!
mmreed
View Profile
Inner circle
Harrisburg, PA
1432 Posts

Profile of mmreed
Yes! I am going to hit him with the collectible comeback this weekend. hahaha I love it.

by the way, I noticed that even effects manufacturers offer "destroyed money" http://magicvault.net/store/index.php?ac......ctId=134

bulk sheet money cut in quarters for a great effect.
Mark Reed
Wedding and Event Entertainment
TSW
View Profile
Regular user
Ohio, USA
108 Posts

Profile of TSW
I'm intrigued about the prospect of doing a routine with two identical bills, right down to the same serial number. Is there an affective way to cleanly remove the last digit of the serial numbers, from two bills in series, and then age them? Or am I guilt of some kind of conspiracy for thinking about it? Does anyone have any advice or experience with this?

Thanks,
TSW
SheldonR
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of SheldonR
Quote:
On 2008-02-12 11:21, skinnyJon wrote:
If you were to borrow a bill from your brother-in-law cop and use it in a performance, wouldn't it now be a collectible? Thus, returning the bill to your brother-in-law could constitute an intent to bribe, and the only ethical thing to do would be to keep his money. I would suggest borrowing only higher denominations.

LOL I agree! Your brother-in-law is just being a jerk to get a rise out of you. A judge would laugh a case like this right out of the courtroom.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Sheldon - You do realize that the post you are replying to was made almost five years ago? Just sayin'!

Jim
crummens
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of crummens
No worries mate
jensendoesjapan
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of jensendoesjapan
I know here in Japan some magicians were arrested for doing Magic with money as for what it was I'm not sure! I know everytime I use a gimmicked coin I get funny looks and have to do a switch quickly
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Destroying (signing) money legal? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL