The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Looking for a method for a trick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Its a card tirck on the Gazzo tour 2004 DVD.

The trick he does where he gets spectator to look at a spread and then asks them the colour and the suit then places a card down. the spec states the card and then he turns over the one face down card. it is their card.

I just wondered if anyone knows what method he uses and where I can find the manuscript.

it seems to pack small and play big - getting LOTS of specs involved and that has to be good. I'm just playing around with some efect that I want to use on the street - but want an arsenal so I can change the tricks slightly if I get any "repeat visitors". But I don't want to carry more stuff.

Thanks Dave
ROBERT BLAKE
View Profile
Inner circle
1472 Posts

Profile of ROBERT BLAKE
Not sure but it sounds like the beginning of his tosssed out deck.
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
It's something he sometimes does as a lead in to tossed out, but often as a stand alone bit. Several of us asked him about it a few years back at one of his masterclasses. He politely said he wouldn't teach it. I'm sure if you dig through some older stuff you'll find stuff that will put you on the right path. I wish I could tell you more than that. I've been meaning to look around for some background, but haven't had a chance yet. Perhaps over my break next week.
What would Wavy do?
mslj
View Profile
New user
Bradford, England
95 Posts

Profile of mslj
Gazzo didn't want to tip that, hence it didn't go on the DVD. It is nice though isn't it?
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Its very nice and I can see why he did not want to tip it. I have not really had chance to sit down and watch the DVD all the way though. Does he go in to his tossed out deck on teh DVD? As a performance not necessaraly as a "how to do it". I am very aware that the DVD says no card trick explanations here Smile.

MSLJ I assuma that he did not go in to it at the masterclass and or live lectures either? if you know where I should start looking for research plase let me know - I really do not mid a LONG path and would welcome the challenge adn fun of a good treasure hunt. I guessi could always start atalking the man himself.

Any how guys happy new year heres to a good one.

Dave
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
The Tossed Out Deck is on a separate DVD, possibly available from http://www.magicpitch.com or eventually at http://www.penguinmagic.com once they decide to release it.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
I don't think Steve has anymore of the TOD Dvd's at magicpitch, but it doesn't hurt to ask.
What would Wavy do?
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
When I purchased the routine from magicpitch it was just a manuscript.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Frank, come to think of it you're right. It was a different DVD that I was thinking about. Penguin still sells the manuscript for the TOD with the appropriate props.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
Oh yeah! You're right, no dvd for TOD, that was the very rare eggbag dvd.
What would Wavy do?
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
It's a face out fan force. You need to study Dai Vernon, etc. for "trick that cannot be explained." Most long-time card men know this stuff.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Jim Wilder
View Profile
Special user
Birmingham, AL
954 Posts

Profile of Jim Wilder
Quote:
On 2008-01-02 12:09, Pete Biro wrote:
It's a face out fan force. You need to study Dai Vernon, etc. for "trick that cannot be explained." Most long-time card men know this stuff.

I saw Martin Nash do this a few years ago... it requires you to be on your feet (but not in a literal sense- as he was seated when he showed it).
MonsterMagic
View Profile
Special user
517 Posts

Profile of MonsterMagic
Could you not just use the Kennedy Deck?
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
I suppose you could, but in Gazzo's presentation no special deck is required. Just some skillfully performed card work.
Danny Hustle
View Profile
Inner circle
Boston, MA USA
2393 Posts

Profile of Danny Hustle
Why not come up with your own routines instead of stealing Gazzo's?

I am just baffled by this, it is not for sale, never has been. That should be enough said.

It's bad enough that the world has become flooded with people who think "learning" Gazzo's cups and balls routine and performing it straight from Gazzo's act, word for word, mannerism for mannerism, bowler, and accent, is acceptable.

Gazzo sold that routine, not his soul. Copying GAZZO as well as the physical routine is beyond hack, it's downright creepy.

As for 'Think a card' why not learn Brother Paul's routine? It is not only different from Gazzo's it is also most excellent, affordable, and god forbid somebody might actually do something original with it!

Dan-

"MT is one of the reasons we started this board! I’m so sick of posts being deleted without any reason given, and by unknown people at that." - Steve Brooks Sep 7, 2001 8:38pm
©1999-2014 Daniel Denney all rights reserved.
MonsterMagic
View Profile
Special user
517 Posts

Profile of MonsterMagic
I agree with you Danny Hustle.
Wayne Whiting
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of Wayne Whiting
There you go again Danny, asking us to be original, use our brains and be creative. Really, what nerve. Gotta go. Got another DVD in the mail.
Genius is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration. Thomas Edison

www.terrylagerold.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Looking for a method for a trick (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL