The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Marketing to Kids (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

KC Cameron
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, North Carolina
1944 Posts

Profile of KC Cameron
I am thinking of trying some different marketing to the kids at my show, and was looking for ideas.

Currently I pass out my card, but was thinking of making it a magnet. When I pass my card out I tell the kids that IF they tell their parents this, it MAY work. "If I put the card under my pillow at night, SOMETIMES it turns into money. Maybe a dime, maybe a nickel - sometimes more." Instead of under the pillow, I was thinking of having it on the 'fridge, and the money would appear under the pillow ONE TIME. If I have time I also sign the card, and let my parrot sign it (by punching a hole in it).

I was also thinking of ordering some black round pencils with my web address and phone number on them, and dipping the ends in white paint. These could be given out at the start of the show for the kids to help with the magic.

Any ideas and comments?
shomemagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Missouri
2231 Posts

Profile of shomemagic
Due to a post on the Kidabra Forum I am going to try some coloring pages..with my info printed on it with a place to get the birthday childs information to build a mailing list.. Hand these out to school teachers and have a contest for a FREE birthday show.
Magically,

Mike King - Sho-Me Magic

You can e-mail me at: shomemagic@gmail.com
KC Cameron
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, North Carolina
1944 Posts

Profile of KC Cameron
Yes, that is a good idea. On my CK website I have downloadable invitations, certificates, signs, and treasure maps for parents to print out and give to the kids.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Magnets good, Mr. Missouri ideas good, pencils and pens no good. I'd get potato chip bag clips made.
KC Cameron
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, North Carolina
1944 Posts

Profile of KC Cameron
Chip clip - good idea. The pencils would be made into wands - sorry I wasn't clear.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
That might be cool for part of the show but what I think about is what the parents will lay their eyes on. What good is your phone number in a kids drawer or toy box? Magnet on the fridge, chip clip, stuff like that the parents see and are more likely to use.
KC Cameron
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, North Carolina
1944 Posts

Profile of KC Cameron
I agree, but if they use it to do "magic" at home, parents will probably see it and make note. When it is their birthday, they kids will remember and give the "wand to the parents . .. that was the idea anyway.

The chip clip - that is a really good idea if it is cost-effective. Have you tried it?
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Yeah. I tried pens, chip clips, and magnets. Zero response from the pens and I got responses from both clips and magnets but the clips were brought up my folks as being a good idea. It should be noted that I gave out mannnnnnnnnny more pens than anything else.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Marketing to Kids (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL