The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Giorgio DVDs (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Darwin Ortiz
View Profile
V.I.P.
486 Posts

Profile of Darwin Ortiz
I just finished watching Tony Giorgio's two-DVD set on handmucking and it is phenomenal. It contains a lot of great stuff that has never been tipped before. The moves range from excellent to fantastic. The execution is all the more amazing when you consider that Tony is in his eighties.

There are moves for cheating at poker, blackjack, and gin rummy along with insights as to how they’re used and it's all authentic.

I should say that I don’t think this would be worth the investment to somebody who doesn't have a serious interest in the subject of card hustling. But, to anyone who wants to see how it's really done by somebody who really did it, it's pure gold.

Sincerely,
Darwin Ortiz

PS: Don’t skip Tony’s recitation of the Jerry the Gimp poem at the end of volume one. That alone is worth the admission price.
in flames
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto
1030 Posts

Profile of in flames
Happy New Year Darwin!

I'm definitely going to check this out. Specially since one of the best cardman alive recommends it.
linhong
View Profile
New user
Seattle
74 Posts

Profile of linhong
Thank you for the review, Darwin. It must be excellent since even you feel it's phenomenal. Smile

Happy New Year, Darwin!
Darwin Ortiz
View Profile
V.I.P.
486 Posts

Profile of Darwin Ortiz
Quote:
On 2008-01-05 03:50, linhong wrote:
It must be excellent since even you feel it's phenomenal. Smile

I do feel that this set is phenomenal. But I want to stress again that I don’t believe that this is something that every magician would benefit from. I’m recommending it specifically to those who have a serious interest in card cheating methods.

Happy New Year everyone.

Sincerely,
Darwin Ortiz
Paul H
View Profile
Inner circle
UK South Coast
1135 Posts

Profile of Paul H
I heartily agree with Mr Ortiz. This set is incredible for showing how a hold out man moves during a game. Mr Giorgio goes into painstaking detail regarding the different types of stealing a card, holding out, switches and so forth. There is an excellent section on acquitment or the art of acting as if no card is held out which is particularly invaluable to the magician. Mr Giorgio has clearly moved under fire and I felt privilaged to be shown these moves and his own 'take' on this work. Adapting the art of holding out to card magic is much more difficult although rudimentary ideas for routines are displayed including a cunning colour change sequence. For those of us with a love of gambling sleights and the relationship between card magic and card hustling, this set is unique. Highly recommended. I do hope Mr Giorgio is true to his promise and produces further volumes.

Regards,

Paul H
Medifro
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami
1261 Posts

Profile of Medifro
I'm intrested in learning cheating method, but not learning how to do them.

What I'm more intrested in is seeing card moves done in a ramrkable way. I love seeing skill with the pasteboards, so I'm thinking of grabbing this one.

~ Feras
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Giorgio DVDs (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL