The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Coin in hand (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5090 Posts

Profile of Roth
Quote:
On 2008-01-28 03:13, kriskraze wrote:
Not really the same effect though is it.

You do need two people.
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Athos
View Profile
Elite user
NADO - Mind reader
481 Posts

Profile of Athos
Banachek teach how to know in which hand is an object in Psychological subleties, I also had an E-book teaching it, but I forgot the name
NADO
«How much of a gift it would be to really know what someone is thinking of?»
- Steeve Blanchet, news anchor, TVA
«Here is someone that truly uses his powers for good.»
- David Meclomesnil, weekend radio.
Colin
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1355 Posts

Profile of Colin
I'm currently working on a colin in hand routine. It's practically the same, I just added a letter L, but I'm pritty good a guessing the hand they are holding me in.

Best wishes,
Colin.
Check out Psych-Artist.com now for free essays and other resources.
RickDangerous
View Profile
Special user
I can't believe I made
974 Posts

Profile of RickDangerous
Quote:
On 2008-01-28 15:03, Colin wrote:
I'm currently working on a colin in hand routine. It's practically the same, I just added a letter L, but I'm pritty good a guessing the hand they are holding me in.

Best wishes,
Colin.

Made my day Smile
"Reality is what you can get away with."
Robert A. Wilson

"Think for yourself and question authority."
Timothy Leary
Brandon Queen
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles, California
527 Posts

Profile of Brandon Queen
KrisKraze- It's very easy to do. It just takes practice. However, some people are much harder to read than others, but selecting your participants is another subject in itself. I would say that its 99% accurate, but because of the fact that sometimes, you just get a difficult person to read, it drops down a good 5%. I'm sorry that you are incapable of performing such a feat. If you lived near me, I'd be happy to teach you. Maybe I'll youtube 5 different participants, and do it 10 times, and see how acurate I can be.
It occured to me at once that love could be a great illusion, that makes fools of brilliant thinkers everyday
kriskraze
View Profile
Special user
620 Posts

Profile of kriskraze
Of course... it must be my incompetent body reading skills Smile
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2508 Posts

Profile of Waters
I have experimented with a several non-gimmcked methods (that I use for impromptu situations). I most certainly recommend Relic, Child's play and Midas for "gimmicked".

I can't wait to read Bryn's method and upcoming book. Keep us posted.

I use a progression of methods which I have toyed with separately and together. I am not quite satisfied with the sequence, but it is certainly reasonably accurate (for impromptu use). It also legitimizes your body language skills (for real). If this proves over time to work as well as I like I will publish this in another compilation release.

..It will probably be called (very uninspired), "Which Hand(ling)"
Obviously a handling of which hand. I have used these parts for some time and have worked well for me. I hope that will prove to be consistent enough for other's public use. One of these methods (it uses several) is based upon an observational quirk that has worked pretty well over time. We'll see.

Sean
mindhunter
View Profile
Inner circle
Upstate NY
2280 Posts

Profile of mindhunter
Quote:
On 2008-01-29 19:46, Waters wrote:

I can't wait to read Bryn's method and upcoming book. Keep us posted.

Sean

Thanks, Sean. My BOHT method I detail in my upcoming book THE SAFWAN PAPERS works to serve as an out when these other great methods mentioned here fail. It does stand as a method on its own as well. From reading your excellent book it appears we ponder along the same lines so I hope you will enjoy it!

Bryn
Bryn D. Reynolds, Author of:
"The Safwan Papers" & "The LOGAR Scrolls" Mentalism ebooks - PM any interest.
My artwork: https://darkmountainarts.com
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2508 Posts

Profile of Waters
I am sure I will. Thanks Bryn!

Sean
Giacomo Moretti
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of Giacomo Moretti
Relic seems to be a great tool especially since there is no eletronic involed which may have dead batteries sooner or later leaving you out in the cold.

Yet I would like to purchase a Midas device. I would like to do the "which hand" trick with any coin the spectator may already have in her hands. This makes it totally natural since nobody will suspect any trickery.

Does anybody know where I can purchase a Midas device? The original manufacturer of the device seems to no longer produce or stock it. Thanks!
Al Straker
View Profile
Grammar Host
Australia
1130 Posts

Profile of Al Straker
Thought you may like to know I have 2 methods that are different to anything else that has been discussed here.

Both these are 100% reliable, can be done with a borrowed coin, not based on body language, one uses a single coin, with one of the mthods you know which hand before you even turn back around again. The other one uses a cheap Tenyo item that I have routined into a 'game' style presentation. To the audience it is essentially still the 'which hand' effect.

Cheers,
Al
Al Straker
Resident Mystery Entertainer at Multiple Venues
Music & Mentalism Specialty Act 'Completely Mental'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyGhApqnG7I

(Old clip, show has changed quite a bit since then!)

Jazz & Contemporary Musician/Composer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnN3JNmeKns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sU_zfOvpneA
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2008-01-09 14:33, vai wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-01-09 12:00, johncesta wrote:

nothing is 100% 100% of the time

JC

What about 100% ?

... not even that.
Sir. Mind Reader
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of Sir. Mind Reader
I realize this thread is old, but is Midas still in production? I used one briefly and I found it a bit 'weak' - but have there been improvements?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Coin in hand (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL