The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Wife swap press release for our show 1/23 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
andrew martin
View Profile
Veteran user
394 Posts

Profile of andrew martin
Quote:
On 2008-01-27 08:53, Lyndel wrote:
Kimmel Kinda shifted things to make you look bad in that clip didn't he? Hey, at least you can say you were on Jimmy Kimmel though! LOL!

Kind of but he did say he would hire me for his kids birthday party.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I just watched the show and the good news is my wife doesn't like you Andrew, that is good, she doesn't like me or any other magician other than Max Maven and Mark and Jinger. In fact her comment was "you mean there are more like you?" meaning me.....

I'll comment on the show as I would to the wife after seeing an episode. First off I think your wife came off looking great, flawless. She is an absolute doll and you should thank whatever diety or stage of luck you believe in for finding her and getting her to marry you. You came off looking pretty good too but I understand your gig, not sure how the lay public would look at you, I admire your dedication. If I was going to pick an issue that is a negative is if kids do not have some guidlines when they grow up they often, not always, ignore public guidelines of behavior. Doing what they want when they want isn't how the world rotates and better to grow up with that understanding than to confront it at 19 when you get a billy club across the ribs. Just a bit of more control, but your kids seem like normal kids and I hope I don't sit next to you all at a restaurant. My wife even thought you all were a nice family.

The visitor wife was a monster. First off she claims to be a perfectionist, no, she is a lazy woman who makes her kids slaves. Perfectionist tend not to be fat (I'm fat, my wife is fat, fat isn't a problem, being a person who talks about how they are into 'looks' and being perfect should not be as tubby as she is), she is beautiful though and her hair cut is perfect for her face. Her job is about as low level as it gets, she is a helper at a catering company, not exactly a position to point fingers from. The husband, another perfectionist or so he says, was in one scene with his shirt on inside out in another with two different color socks. I'm not a perfectionist and I know how to put on a shirt and socks. Lastly his behavior with you at the table meeting, he is a punk. What is his problem? He right out of a Latino gang in the barrio? What is with this 'you disrespect my wife!' stuff? I have expected him to threaten to bust a cap off in you and then flex so the camera could film the Lady of Guadalupe tattood on his back to keep the jail house rapist at bay. The kids seemed nice, I felt very bad for the little girl. The kids were being beaten down emotionally by a woman who puts table cloths down and a guy who does assembly work, granted in a very high paying gig (yes, one reason why cars are being made in other countries kiddies), but none exactly in the position to be a shinning example of anything.

End of story, you guys need to tighten it up a smidge, the other couple needs to really lighten up a lot. Oh, I thought it was funny as heck that the guy you interviewed with wanted you to work his kids birthday party! Again your wife came off great and you came off really well, that dang crying kept you from great status, but I love ya anyway.
MAKMagic
View Profile
Special user
I got banned for one of my
555 Posts

Profile of MAKMagic
Andrew - You guys are on lifetime right now!

(ps. my wife put on the channel not me. I swear.)
.:Michael Kelley
On the Level, By the Square
MAKMagic
View Profile
Special user
I got banned for one of my
555 Posts

Profile of MAKMagic
OK - show's over...but wait...there's more! I guess there's an update SINCE the wife swap after this commercial break.

Objectively...I guess I fall in the middle. Your families to me seemed to be very opposite. I personally feel that kids the age of your youngest shouldn't be playing outside unless supervised (but to be fair, I may feel different depending on the town and busy-ness level of your street). I also don't agree with taking your son out of school to perform. If it were a couple of times, I'd say not a big deal though it seemed it'd be much more often. Additionally I think everyone, including the kids, cleaning up their own mess is important too. I think your wife is great...very caring and supportive and your kids are great too. I think the other families is much too strict. I think your wife's summary of the way their home is run was right on target.
I feel she had her kids doing WAAAAAAAAY too much. Responsibility is an important thing to teach but to me she seemed to be putting way to much of it on children. They need to learn it's a part of life but not it's focus. The husband to me seemed to just go along with his wife's wishes and view point. I'm glad he seemed to learn something from it. Concern for appearance is fine and a good thing (I found it funny she ragged on you and your sons appearance while you put on your shirts and ties to perform!) but teaching your kids to be vain is different.

At the end of it, I think everyone learned something. You guys seemed to add a bit more order to your lives. They seemed to loosen up a little - though I'm not convinced enough).

One thing I think I need to say is that she needs to shut the hell up when it comes to magic as a career not being so hot. The simple fact she had a home to swap with you proved her wrong. I thought her attempting to stop you from performing and essentially intentionally hurting your business was pretty effed up.

(quick edit) I almost forgot to say how glad I am to see you spending fun time and playing and learning with your kids. If there's one thing I hope the other family takes from the show is to do more of that.

You guys are great. I enjoyed the show.
.:Michael Kelley
On the Level, By the Square
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Wife swap press release for our show 1/23 (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL