The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » IKnow - New Trick from Jason Palter (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Lseeyou
View Profile
Inner circle
1271 Posts

Profile of Lseeyou
Nathan with a peek, center tear you don't need of course but you need to get people write it on paper if you don't know the technique to get the word to their brain using psicology.
If you had real power to read people minds why tell them to write it?

This is for people that have an mp3 player and use it normally - and no one will suspicious about prepared ipod to accomplish this.
I will make it casually not on a show because I think it will act as a prepared prop but it's just me. Doesn't fit.
I use Osterlind perfected center tear and I pre-order this because it fits with my persona and style.

Magic can be with a Ferrari or without it and for what I can see many big names in this business they normally tell you this... "I make big stuff appear and dissapear and when the show is over they come to me asking about the pencil" Smile
You can turn a small effect in a big memorable entertaining magic effect - Practice and be yourself.
Make people smile and react like when you were a small kid that was completed blown away with the magic.

Best wishes
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2825 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
It must be my crazy american sense of humor, no one understands my humor. enjoy!

Nathan
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Quote:
On 2008-01-13 17:03, nathanpain wrote:
It must be my crazy american sense of humor, no one understands my humor. enjoy!

Nathan

have you thought about releasing an ebook about it? you could explain it in photographs?

*see, that in turn was a joke*
I've asked to be banned
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2825 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
Yeah I have...It'll cost 300$ & only 10 people will be allowed to purchase it. I'm taking pre-orders now, & it should be out in the first quarter of 2014.

That would also be taken as a joke

Nathan
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
You want to know something for $20 magicians will have it also and if it is only worth that much why would you want it?

Nothing worse than some magician running his yap saying oh I can do that also.
Or I saw that for sale etc.

Becouse of that it makes it worthless to many mentalists I think.

Now I may be wrong and this will only be marketed to those in this world only but if not I would not go near it.

Heck even the idea of jamming your earbuds in another persons head is a bit much I think.

Jim
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2825 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
Jim,

I have been trying to reach you about access to the tea board...please check your emails.

Thanks,

Nathan
ecunited
View Profile
New user
New York (Ok, New Jersey)
67 Posts

Profile of ecunited
I have a similar effect that I will dilvulge now since I'm in a giving mood.

The preparation is rather extensive, but you always end clean.

1 - Go to a recording studio and record 69 songs
2 - Give them names that aren't similar to any real songs (e.g. do NOT name a song "Star Spangled Banana")
3 - Download songs onto iPod
4 - Download "My Way" (I recommend the Sid Vicious version)
5 - Continue with performance similar to the one described above

Apologies to Mr. Palter if this is the same method utilized in iknow.
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2825 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
I'm sure you are kidding, but to simplify...why not rename any song using id3 tags to things people wouldn't recognize...like change star spangled banner to "steve's ugly shoe box"...that would work too...It would be a little less "clean"...my apoligies also if this is how it's done...I was just adding a funny joke.

Nathan
kriskraze
View Profile
Special user
620 Posts

Profile of kriskraze
^bingo

I was thinking it, but didn't want to rain on the parade.
ecunited
View Profile
New user
New York (Ok, New Jersey)
67 Posts

Profile of ecunited
Quote:
On 2008-01-15 15:53, nathanpain wrote:
I'm sure you are kidding, but to simplify...why not rename any song using id3 tags to things people wouldn't recognize...like change star spangled banner to "steve's ugly shoe box"...that would work too...It would be a little less "clean"...my apoligies also if this is how it's done...I was just adding a funny joke.

Nathan

Good thought.

But FYI, your example of an unrecognizable song title is startlingly similar to the classic "Eve's Bubbly Flu Shot." (Gershwin?)
Alexander Marsh
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1191 Posts

Profile of Alexander Marsh
There was something like this posted on the Café a year or so ago.

I copied and pasted it in to a word doc and added plenty of my own thoughts to it due to my love of using GENUINE everyday things that REAL HUMAN people, ACTUALLY carry around with them... unlike, post-it pads, golf pencils and funny lookin' packs of cards...

If anyone knows the effect (that was posted on here, I think it was titled iMindreading), how does this compare?
Jason Palter
View Profile
V.I.P.
335 Posts

Profile of Jason Palter
Hello all:

First, let me thank you all so much for your support and business. I'm so pleased because we had a TON of preorders on iKnow, and there was a lot of buzz about the trick!

Secondly, I just wanted to let everyone know that "iKnow" is now in stock! To those of you who preordered (thank you so much, by the way!), these will be shipping tomorrow (Monday) morning, so you should have them VERY soon.

The DVDs turned out great, and I think that you will be very happy with the trick! If anyone has any questions or would like ordering information, please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you again for your time and your business.

Best regards,

Jason Palter
Paltergeist Unlimited
(416) 410-5766
Lseeyou
View Profile
Inner circle
1271 Posts

Profile of Lseeyou
Hey Jason thanks for the good news. Hope to get this soon Smile

Cheers
Alexander Marsh
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1191 Posts

Profile of Alexander Marsh
So, did anyone get this? Got any honest reviews? And can anyone answer my earlier question (at the top of this page)?
psychicturtle
View Profile
Special user
UK
821 Posts

Profile of psychicturtle
I really like it. I've done it a few times now, and the value in the dvd for me was in the routining. I think I reviewed it ages ago on the tricks forum.
kriskraze
View Profile
Special user
620 Posts

Profile of kriskraze
A stupid friend bought it. It was exactly what I thought it was.

I don't really see how there's much value in the routining. There's very little of it. As I recall, most of the DVD is concerned with teaching you how to use your mp3 software.

To me the the working is terribly transparent. Nathan Pain suggested the method earlier in this thread AS A JOKE!

If you perform in front of people with no understanding of mp3 files then it might fly... but then the normalcy of an mp3 player is lost on them anyway.

Save your money.
psychicturtle
View Profile
Special user
UK
821 Posts

Profile of psychicturtle
Quote:
On 2008-03-26 14:17, kriskraze wrote:
To me the the working is terribly transparent. Nathan Pain suggested the method earlier in this thread AS A JOKE!

Umm, No, he didn't. I just checked. That is different.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » IKnow - New Trick from Jason Palter (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL