The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Drawing dup between two spectators (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Brandon Queen
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles, California
527 Posts

Profile of Brandon Queen
Hello everyone..

So, I have this routine I created. I'm not exaclty sure how original it is, concerning both the methods, and the actual routine. So, If I could get any imput on credits, that would be amazing. If it happens to be interesting enough to some, and appears to be somewhat original, it would be even more amazing, to get some imput and opinions on it.

here is how the effect appears. This is a stage routine by the way.

On stage, is an easel, with a blank canvass resting on it, along with a paint brush and paints, and two chairs. One chair is next to the easel, and the other is on the opposite side of the stage. I invite two people up. I verify with the audience and the both of them, that they do not know each other, and have not pre-arranged anything with eachother in anyway, and are just meeting for the first time. They confirm.

I then have each one of the spectators take a seat in one of the chairs. I take a blindfold, and cover the person's eyes furthest from the easel. We will call this person specatator 2. I then go back over to spectator 1, and ask them to close their eyes and to imagine a blank canvass and to imagine that cavnass filling in with colors and shapes etc. until they are settled on a painting they have in mind. I ask them to go ahead and begin painting. Let's say they choose to paint a tree. I then, ask them to privatly, sum up their painting, in one word that best describes it. Neither I, the audience or spectator can see this word. I tell specatator 1 to concentrate on their painting and to try and send it to specatator 2.

I then walk over to specatator 2. I ask them to do exaclty as I did with specatator 1, and to imagine a blank canvass, and fill it with shapes and colors, and to try and focus on what specatator 1 is sending. Once they say they have a picture in mind, I confirm with them, that this is a picture they genuinly have seen in their own mind, and no body has told them waht to think or say, and they have not been able to see anything the entire time. They confirm. I then ask spectator 2 to sum up their imagined painting in one word that best describes their their imagined picture. I ask them to tell us all, what word they thought of. they say the word green. This starts to build the audience in suspense.. I then ask spectator 2 to take off the blindfold, and look at the painting. I ask if it's relativly close to what they imagined. they say yes, and then I have spectator 1 reveal their word they wrote down. It says green.

So that is the routine I came up with. Any feedback would be much apriciated.
It occured to me at once that love could be a great illusion, that makes fools of brilliant thinkers everyday
RileyG
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
840 Posts

Profile of RileyG
Something very similar that I did 20 years ago... Plus a possible method in a few older mentalist newsletters such as MAGICK by Bascom Jones, and others...
Signed,
Riley G Matthews Jr
SAG-AFTRA actor
Www.RileyG.com
Brandon Queen
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles, California
527 Posts

Profile of Brandon Queen
Thanks Riley. I suppose I'm a day too late and a buck too short. I shall go back to the drawling board.
It occured to me at once that love could be a great illusion, that makes fools of brilliant thinkers everyday
RileyG
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
840 Posts

Profile of RileyG
Quote:
On 2008-01-14 21:54, Brandon Queen wrote:
Thanks Riley. I suppose I'm a day too late and a buck too short. I shall go back to the drawling board.

Why go back to the drawing boards as it's a great routine... Just don't share it with others as the method is out there to those whom want to really look for it...
Signed,
Riley G Matthews Jr
SAG-AFTRA actor
Www.RileyG.com
Brandon Queen
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles, California
527 Posts

Profile of Brandon Queen
I would love to hear any other thoughts from people. I apriciate the PM's so far. And just to make it more clear, my routine does not involve any stooges, or instant stooges of any kind. Every audience member and both specatators are all just as surprised and effected by the routine as anyone else.
caigy
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1199 Posts

Profile of caigy
Don't go back to the drawing board.
It may be similar but a totally different method.
Research it more instead. Start by tracking down the known methods as mentioned by RileyG and take it from there. If the results of your search are positive, approach a trustworthy dealer to look at marketing and possibly copywriting it, or release it yourself, as a manuscript, an e-book etc. giving credits, where credits are due.
It does sound very good.

Paul Mc.
Exclusive Worldwide Producer and Supplier of the Grismer Lock.

Top Class, Individually Crafted Performance Pieces, For The Discerning Psychological Entertainer

www.psychicmentality.com
Ezzet
View Profile
Veteran user
Sweden
391 Posts

Profile of Ezzet
IT SOUNDS REALLY GOOD.

Ezzet
docsteve
View Profile
Inner circle
1831 Posts

Profile of docsteve
Kennedy had a nice one in Visions - I'm deliberately not posting the link; those that know can find it for free. Plays just as you say.
[
kriskraze
View Profile
Special user
620 Posts

Profile of kriskraze
If it's YOUR method, you're free to share it.
kinesis
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland, surrounded by
2708 Posts

Profile of kinesis
Quote:
On 2008-01-15 08:44, docsteve wrote:
Kennedy had a nice one in Visions - I'm deliberately not posting the link; those that know can find it for free. Plays just as you say.

It's def not Kennedy's method.
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein

FACEBOOK
Garrad
View Profile
Elite user
446 Posts

Profile of Garrad
For the life of me I can't remember who it was but there was a link to a video somewhere on the Café of a routine just like this. A box was put over a helpers head as an isolation booth. Unfortunately the search function is down so I am unable to look but perhaps someone else remembers it.
You might say reality is the result of complex negotiations between the observer and the observed. But that is simply a point of view.

Many Thanks
Garrad
RickDangerous
View Profile
Special user
I can't believe I made
974 Posts

Profile of RickDangerous
Quote:
On 2008-01-15 09:04, kinesis wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-01-15 08:44, docsteve wrote:

It's def not Kennedy's method.

A little hint to clarify things: 3510 by Luke Jermay.
I don't want to accuse Kennedy of anything but Jermay did some Lectures in which... nevermind.
"Reality is what you can get away with."
Robert A. Wilson

"Think for yourself and question authority."
Timothy Leary
docsteve
View Profile
Inner circle
1831 Posts

Profile of docsteve
Derek/Rick: good to know.
Derek, were you thinking of the same source as Rick, or another?
[
kinesis
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland, surrounded by
2708 Posts

Profile of kinesis
Hi Doc

I'll PM you with my reason why I believe it's a different method to Kennedy's

Derek

FACEBOOK
kinesis
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland, surrounded by
2708 Posts

Profile of kinesis
I have chatted to Brandon, I can confirm it's not the same as Kennedy's.

FACEBOOK
Brandon Queen
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles, California
527 Posts

Profile of Brandon Queen
Thanks everyone for your responses. So far, everything seems to be original in application. This is something I do want to publish, however, I have no idea what the first step of that would be. I have sent my routine with method to L. Jermay before I posted for input on here, and asked him if he could possibly tell me where credits may be do and so forth. I'm still waiting on a response. Not to give too much away, but Luke and Kenton are my main to inspirations for the effect. I figured if anyone has created this effect with the same method, it would be one of those two guys. So I'll just wait and see.

So if things end up being original, anyone have any advice on how to publish something?
Chris K
View Profile
Inner circle
2545 Posts

Profile of Chris K
I think Max Maven might be a good contact on this.
Rappel
View Profile
Veteran user
Memphis Tn.
303 Posts

Profile of Rappel
Garrard, I saw Brian Brushwood perform that box on the head effect. You can see him on youtube.
Brandon, this sounds nearly exactly like Daryl J. Bem's Psychic Psenders from a book called "Mindfields The 1991 Meeting of the Minds" This book was issued by the P.E.A. for it's members.
Good luck.
Rappel
sychou
View Profile
Veteran user
314 Posts

Profile of sychou
Kennedy has a similar effect in his book thought so far
kinesis
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland, surrounded by
2708 Posts

Profile of kinesis
Sychou - four posts above yours

Quote:
On 2008-01-15 15:19, kinesis wrote:
I have chatted to Brandon, I can confirm it's not the same as Kennedy's.

Please try and keep up, LOL

FACEBOOK
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Drawing dup between two spectators (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL