The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Bill Abbott Deluxe Edition DVD Set (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bill Abbott
View Profile
Veteran user
351 Posts

Profile of Bill Abbott
I finally have word that Murphys Magic Supplies will be picking up my special two disc Deluxe Edition
DVD Set entitled Bill Abbott Performs Magic For Kids. It features the original Bill Abbott Performs Close-Up For Kids and Bill Abbott Performs Stand-Up Magic For Kids PLUS over 75 minutes of bonus features including lecture footage, rare TV appearances and live performances. It will be priced at $40 USD and available at magic dealers around the world. It will be ready to ship the beginning of February.

Here is a Youtube teaser link, just click on it or copy and paste into your browser to view it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8htOJewipw

Cheers,

Bill Abbott
Futureal
View Profile
Inner circle
1695 Posts

Profile of Futureal
Will it be a proper DVD this time not a homemade DVD-rom?
Bill Abbott
View Profile
Veteran user
351 Posts

Profile of Bill Abbott
I'm actually going with laserdisc with an accompanying soundtrack on 8-track.
I'm joking of course. To answer your question it is a DVD. Not made in a home.

Bill Abbott
wa-na-be
View Profile
Veteran user
355 Posts

Profile of wa-na-be
I have the Close up for kids, not to many I would use for really young kids but has worked great for teens. I have not seen the "Performs Stand-Up Magic For Kids" but I have heard that is really good and plan on getting it at some point. The deluxe addition sounds good and the teaser is really a teaser...

Chris
keeblem
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1167 Posts

Profile of keeblem
The teaser looks great. Looks like there is going to be a lot of extra material. Enough to make it worth buying when you already own the previous 2 DVDs?
Mark
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4632 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
Bill, I'll be getting your new DVD asap, you ROCK! Really, one of the funniest kids' entertainers I've seen, and I think this new edition looks like it has some GREAT new stuff!
Potty.
Bill Abbott
View Profile
Veteran user
351 Posts

Profile of Bill Abbott
Thanks Potty!

Mark ( and anyone else)...
Below are the contents of the set for your information. It will be up to you to decide whether the 75 minutes of bonus stuff constitutes another purchase (and obviously I'm the wrong guy to ask! because the answer is obvious to me!). Enjoy.

Bill Abbott Performs Magic For Kids
- Deluxe Edition DVD Set -

This Deluxe Edition DVD Set includes the reedited and remastered original material from the landmark DVDs Bill Abbott Performs Close-Up For Kids and Bill Abbott Performs Stand-Up For Kids plus over 75 Minutes of Deluxe Edition Bonus Features! Bonus Features that consist of exclusive lecture footage, live performances and rare television appearances.

Reedited and Remastered Original Material Includes

Close-Up For Kids
Witness uncut and hilarious performances shot live on location in a family restaurant with kids and their parents. Then Bill takes you step-by-step through the construction of each routine, analyzing the props and using a nonverbal cinematic approach to explaining the technique. All of this combined with his professional tips and information regarding audience management, creating original presentations and adapting your magic to fit who you are as a performer. Bill’s performance focus is on original presentations that leave the audience with a truly entertaining experience.
Sponge Balls - A classic that Bill uses as a perfect opener for kids.
The Shadow - An extremely visual card change that happens three times in the participants own hands.
The Autograph - A motivated card-in-wallet routine that leaves a child with a true collector’s item they will treasure forever.
The Ninja Card Trick - Bill’s favourite card effect that features finding a selected card at the point of a miniature ninja sword.
The Mental Photograph - A very strong promotional tool, where a mentally thought of playing card appears on your business card being held by the spectator.
Edwin Alonzo Boyd - A riveting tale about a real-life jail break demonstrated with a photograph of the criminal that becomes permanently altered at the conclusion.
The Great Game - A routine with many applications limited only by your imagination. A freely selected prize is predicted in advance by the performer, and is given to the child to keep at the end.
Flash - Bill’s closing effect that features an original presentation for the ashes on palm. This effect has built a reputation for Bill with lay audiences.
Card on Forehead - A classic effect redesigned for young children with a great finish!

Stand-Up For Kids
Experience the original, magical and very funny stand-up magic for kids that Bill has honed through years of tough experience. Recorded at a resort in front of a live audience witness material that was developed on the trenches of the birthday party circuit and perfected in tours across Canada and the United Kingdom. Beyond the performances are the careful details that make up the construction, setup and delivery of each of these treasured routines.
The Sponge Snack - When touring across Canada Bill performed this silent opener 110 times in 90 days! Develop an instant rapport with audiences with this humorous routine that non-verbally communicates that your show will be fun magical and full of surprises.
The Thing - Practical, one-man levitation's are few and far between. Bill has created a reputation-making miracle that can be performed ANYWHERE. From the smallest living room to the largest theater stage to the most stringent street conditions. The Thing can be float in an performing situation with your audience viewing from any angle.
Chico The Mind Reader - For those who have witnessed a performance of Chico know that revelation of this routine is worth the price of the DVD set. Bill has booked more shows from this one routine than any other in his repertoire. The explanation segment is a virtual course in the creation, development and performance of your own original puppet routine. Included are two bonus routines and additional ideas for both family and adult audiences.

Deluxe Edition Bonus Features Include

The Three Bears - The Equal-Unequal Ropes performed live at a family resort with some original twists and then explained in detail.
Cut & Restored Rope - See how this classic of stand-up magic entertains a nightclub crowd then join Bill at an exclusive lecture at Denny & Lee’s Magic Studio in Baltimore for the detailed explanation.
Cut & Restored On T.V. - WItness the hosts of a preteen talk show be entertained and completely fooled by BIll in broadcast quality.
Nightclub Monkey Business - Experience why Chico is flexible, entertaining and truly for all ages. Chico takes this nightclub audience of adults by storm.
Chico’s Secrets - The real secrets of creating a memorable puppet routine revealed.
Chico On T.V. - Chico brings the star of this popular kids show to tears...of laughter!
Street Thing - Bill demonstrates how practical, effective and powerful The Thing is on the streets of downtown Toronto.
Signed Bill In Orange - The classic effect performed live on T.V.
Flash On T.V. - See the host of Canadian Idol flee the studio in fear and disbelief! Sponge Balls - Witness this audience favourite get squeals of delight from the studio audience.
The Shadow & The Autograph - Great reactions on live T.V. for this solid piece of sleight of hand.
The Ninja Card Trick - The ninja returns looking better and faster than ever.
Mental Photograph - This gets a tremendous reaction for such a simple effect.
The Boyd Mystery - Historical Toronto story performed live on Toronto T.V.
Flash On Studio Magic - See why dead pets still make the best magic assistants!

Running TIme Approximately Over 4 Hrs
Copyright 2003, 2004, 2007, 2008 Bill Abbott. All RIghts Reserved.
keeblem
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1167 Posts

Profile of keeblem
Man, you've sold it to me! Where's my credit card! Smile
Mark
MikeDes
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal
1174 Posts

Profile of MikeDes
Sign me up. Chico has rescued me from more difficult performing situations than anything else. And The Thing was a HUGE hit at Halloween.
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Bill,
I've got your previous two dvds. Can I buy the third one by itself? Thanks.

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
Bill Abbott
View Profile
Veteran user
351 Posts

Profile of Bill Abbott
Jim,

It's actually a two DVD set with the Bonus Features spread across both discs along with the original remastered material. So the answer would be no. I've tried to keep the price as low as possible ($40 retail) so it would be a good value for people who have purchased the other DVDs. I'm sure once this hits the shelves at the end of the month that suggested retail will probably be ignored by the discounting dealers, etc. and it will be even less.

Bill Abbott
jondark445
View Profile
Special user
716 Posts

Profile of jondark445
Holy Crap....this guy...what's his name...let me look above...yeah...this guy Bill Abbott...I can't believe it...he GOT TO WORK WITH DANIEL COOK! THAT ROCKS!

:)
MoonRazor
View Profile
Special user
848 Posts

Profile of MoonRazor
I think "Stand up for Kids" is great. tj
Bill Abbott
View Profile
Veteran user
351 Posts

Profile of Bill Abbott
Hello,

There has been a major delay at the duplicators but the DVDs should be to Murphys before the end of the week and at your favorite magic dealer the following week. Thank you for the boat load of emails and PMs regarding the DVD set and above all for your patience.

It's coming...

Bill Abbott
dlachance
View Profile
Veteran user
Mississippi
344 Posts

Profile of dlachance
IIIIIIII CAANNNNNTTTTT WWWAAAAIIIIIITTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!! Smile

It's like Christmas all over again......

Dorian
-Dorian LaChance
tboehnlein
View Profile
Inner circle
ohio
1787 Posts

Profile of tboehnlein
Bill has the audio improved on the new set, it was horrible on the stand up dvd, material was great but the sound was horrible.
Bill Abbott
View Profile
Veteran user
351 Posts

Profile of Bill Abbott
Tboehnlein,

It's actually worse if you can believe it.

Joking of course. We actually tried to boost it in the places where the audio dropped and tried to get more of the audience audio up, but there really is only so much you can do when you are dealing with existing footage and audio. The new bonus footage, which is mostly TV appearances, has great broadcast quality audio and video. Overall, I'm extremely pleased with the outcome of everything. It's really a great showcase of all of my original material for family audiences. At least the stuff I've been willing to part with.

Look forward to hearing your feedback.

Sincerely,

Bill Abbott
Bill Abbott
View Profile
Veteran user
351 Posts

Profile of Bill Abbott
Update!

The DVD sets are at Murphys Magic and are available (or can be ordered) from your favorite magic dealer.

Cheers

Bill Abbott
magicbyswh
View Profile
Inner circle
North East Tennessee
1550 Posts

Profile of magicbyswh
I just place my order for this.
Creator of Cereal Brainwave, Creator of the Tossed out Book
MoonRazor
View Profile
Special user
848 Posts

Profile of MoonRazor
Thanks Bill, That price is very reasonable, Stand up is worth that on it's own...good luck
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Bill Abbott Deluxe Edition DVD Set (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL