The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Miseres dream, Please Help (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mr-Majik
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Mr-Majik
Well at least that's what I think I'm after. I have been working on a routine for some time, involving producing coins (nice shiny half dollers) and dropping them in to a nice shiny bucket with an effective 'CLINK'. this is part of my stage manipulation act and I currently produce 10 coins and use no ginniks what so ever, but I still feel theres something missing. could anyone point me in the direction of a manuscript/book/publication of some sort with an "un-gimmicked" routine?.
Chad Barnard
View Profile
Special user
Mt. Airy, NC
763 Posts

Profile of Chad Barnard
Bobo's "New Modern Coin Magic" $25 or
http://www.amazon.com/New-Modern-Coin-Magic/
dp/B000J5P22M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1200429363&sr=1-1

"Modern Coin Magic" $10
http://www.amazon.com/Modern-Coin-Magic-J-Bobo/
dp/0486242587/ref=pd_bbs_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1200429311&sr=8-2

You'll have to copy the whole address and paste it.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10959 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Cant get any better than Chris Capeharts version
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3631 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
Theres a nice routine on coinvention 2 that is not hard if you can downs palm, id call it intermediate.

capeharts is indeed super practical
Dorian Rhodell
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco, CA.
1633 Posts

Profile of Dorian Rhodell
If you're going to go with Bobo, be sure to get the big hardback edition as this is the edition that has Charlie Miller's work on the subject. Also Mike Gallo has an INCREDIBLE miser's dream. You'll have to play with the timing though...

Best,

Dorian Rhodell
Chad Barnard
View Profile
Special user
Mt. Airy, NC
763 Posts

Profile of Chad Barnard
That's why I suggest Bobo's. Instead of getting one version you get a dozen or so.
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4770 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
I would check out Jeff McBride's Manipulation Videos. He has some nice versions of the Miser's Dream. My own preference is to to use no bucket or apparatus. My "Coins From Vegas" from my coin book is what I always perform. The downside is it takes a lot of practice. Smile

Larry
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Aside from the bucket and not using gimmicks - what is your intended effect supposed to be for the audience?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
John T Cox
View Profile
Veteran user
385 Posts

Profile of John T Cox
Jon is right, what are you hoping to convey? That will tell you which way to go.

When I do Misers Dream in my stage set I have 13 coins in my load and 3-4 in my right hand. My goal is to produce a few real coins, then to get audience participation in their producing coins which clunk in the bucket. Especially children who love to throw imaginary coins! Finally I produce a third load stolen from my table or a dropper which is sprinkled into the bucket as a finale.

The purpose of most of the routine is audience participation. Others do it for comedy or for the manipulation effects that you can do to put coins into or pull them out of the hat/bucket in many ways such as through the bottom, side, air etc. If your act is about manipulation, perhaps that is where you should focus your attention.

John
The real magic is family!
Mr-Majik
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Mr-Majik
Well thanks peeps, tons of great info there. yup a downs palm is no prob, so I'll look in to coinvention. and as for my intended effect, it follows... after a card/silk manip I produce a few coins, looking for somewhere to put them, I pull out a mini Champagine bucket [from me boxie] and drop them in there, then proceed to produce a few more, and invite a kiddie from whitch to produce a few more, and with a few effective 'clinks' (so far 10 in total) I then pour out the 10 coins in to my larger bucket for all to see and all to be seen. my meathod has been put to the "audience test" but I wanted to look around and find some more ideas for it, as nievly I thought I had somthing origonal until I watched abrakadazzle (some time ago now).sadly I spend too much time rehusing and not enough time checking out whats out there.

thanks for your help guys, much appriceated. next stop, s**** p*** and p**** l***!
phedonbilek
View Profile
Special user
Greece, Cameroon, France
884 Posts

Profile of phedonbilek
Quote:
On 2008-01-15 15:43, vinsmagic wrote:
Cant get any better than Chris Capeharts version

I agree 1000%

Phedon
...The only easy day is yesterday...
Vegasvent
View Profile
Loyal user
Phoenix
288 Posts

Profile of Vegasvent
Check out Capehart's DVD.
Magical Phil-Kidzshow, LLC

"My Wife says that either all of my Stuff goes, or she does......" "Boy, I'm sure gonna miss her cookin'."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Miseres dream, Please Help (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL