The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Society of American Magicians! » » SAM Wand - Red Plastic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

disneywld
View Profile
Special user
Denver, CO
614 Posts

Profile of disneywld
Hello,

I own several official SAM Ceremonial wands that I purchased through the club over the years. I recently saw a red plastic wand. Does anyone know when that was made and by whom? I would love to own one.
The Magic of Christopher Manos
www.christophermanos.com
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
You might try to contact Maria Ibanez, SAM President, and see if she can help you. She is fantastic and I'm sure can help you find what you're looking for.

Good luck. Mark.
Merlina
View Profile
Veteran user
Maria Ibanez
367 Posts

Profile of Merlina
Hi Mark -thank you for your kind words.

I am not sure of the provenance of the red wand being asked about but I do have a couple of well informed sources that I can tap into to get the information and perhaps to get our hands on one of those.

I will do my research and be back here with a response one way or another with regards to my findings.

As always, keep a dream in the making

Maria
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Thanks Maria, you're the BEST!!!

Mark. Smile
disneywld
View Profile
Special user
Denver, CO
614 Posts

Profile of disneywld
Mark Weidhaas has one. My guess is that it is from the 50's
www.christophermanos.com
Merlina
View Profile
Veteran user
Maria Ibanez
367 Posts

Profile of Merlina
Hi Mark, I've been tracking down your red wand. It was made in the early and mid 50's and there are few out there from what I've been able to find out. There are are at least 2 friends I'm waiting on who are searching to see if they can get their hands on theirs for you. I'll keep you posted on the progress.

Maria
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Fantastic! Thanks Maria. Actually Christopher was the one looking for it. But...if you end up with another one and don't add it to your collection, I'd love to get it.

Mark. Smile
disneywld
View Profile
Special user
Denver, CO
614 Posts

Profile of disneywld
I still have not found one! Any thoughts?
www.christophermanos.com
Merlina
View Profile
Veteran user
Maria Ibanez
367 Posts

Profile of Merlina
Greetings again -- I've spoken with Dean, George Schindler, Hank Moorehouse, Brad Jacobs, Joan Caesar, Artie Kidwell and several other sources, none of whom can remember such an item.

There is another magician, Mike Shelley, who seems to remember a red wand but I think it is much newer than the 50's.

I read above that someone thinks Mark Weidhaas has one, if that is the case I will send him an e-mail and ask about it. I do know that there was in the 70s a plexiglass (not plastic) wand with prismatic tips that was being sold -- Mike Shelley of All Decked Out used to carry them. I own one of those in yellow if that will help and will look through my boxes of wands to see if there's one in there by chance in red if that will do.

So far no luck....BUT, I'll keep trying.

Keep a dream in the making,

Maria
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Wow, Maria...that is a LOT of work you've put into this given all of your other responsibilities with being the President of SAM!!! Thank you again for everything you do.

As I've said before..."you're the BEST!"

Mark. Smile
disneywld
View Profile
Special user
Denver, CO
614 Posts

Profile of disneywld
I agree - don't spend too much time on this. PS Colorado is doing fine - snow on the way.
www.christophermanos.com
weidhaas
View Profile
Loyal user
271 Posts

Profile of weidhaas
Hello Chris - I just joined the Café and saw this post. The wand I have was obtained from a magician in the Fort Collins area. As you might recall it is solid plastic red wand with black tips and has "Society of American Magicians" inscribed into it (white lettering). From the same gentlemen I recieved a white 12" silk with the SAM emblem printed in black. Today's technology makes this very easy, but this silk is several decades old and must have been specially printed. I, like you, would love to learn more of their history. If anyone is interested, I'd be happy to bring these to an SAM convention for you to see.

Mark Weidhaas
Angel Freire
View Profile
New user
Long Island, NY
72 Posts

Profile of Angel Freire
I'm not a member of SAM yet but seeing all the effort that has been put into finding the wand makes me want to join right away.
I wish you luck in your quest Christopher.
Angel
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Society of American Magicians! » » SAM Wand - Red Plastic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL