The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Ya know it's winter time when... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

FunTimeAl
View Profile
Special user
987 Posts

Profile of FunTimeAl
Every stinkin' thread on the Sidewalk Shuffle is about YouTube videos and Homemade Tables. Well, I don't have a new video to post yet...but here's the KOPHI Table 2.0

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj193......4347.jpg

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj193......4349.jpg

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj193......4355.jpg
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Sweet table! You're planning to take it to the streets?
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
FunTimeAl
View Profile
Special user
987 Posts

Profile of FunTimeAl
No. It's custom designed to be a trade show table. I just posted it here cuz I only visit 3 threads on this forum...and the trade show thread ain't one of them.

Also, when made of paint grade wood and aluminum hardware, it would make a decent buskers table IMO.
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3631 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
That's fantastic. ever make a seated table type of magic table? does nto seem like anyone makes them
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3528 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Quote:
On 2008-01-21 11:49, Joshua Barrett wrote:
That's fantastic. ever make a seated table type of magic table? does nto seem like anyone makes them

I thought about making one for pitching Svengali's at faires. It'd keep me rolling for a couple extra hours, I think...
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3631 Posts

Pretty good idea. id like one for close up seated in the parlour ( my house) lol
jimmy talksalot
View Profile
Special user
new orleans
757 Posts

Profile of jimmy talksalot
Brilliant
FunTimeAl
View Profile
Special user
987 Posts

Profile of FunTimeAl
Thanks for the compliments all!

Josh, I've looked pretty closely at all the cabaret tables in my DVDs and even the Magic Castle table they use in videos filmed there. It seems as if everyone just throws a cloth over a dinner table and finishes the edges with fabric tacs and sometimes tassels.
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17161 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
Wow! Great looking table. Now that is quality work.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3631 Posts

Hmm ill look into that. I guess in my mind id love to see that type of table that is all soft on top like a close up pad. I think dean dill has somthing like this. kinda like a giant close up pad table
BAH1313
View Profile
Elite user
Ohio
445 Posts

Profile of BAH1313
Josh, the beauty of the table he built is that the top can be placed pretty much anywhere. I'm always preachin versatility in function to others about there props and equipment.
I am truly blessed to have a job where people are laughing all the time and everyone believes in magic....Come to think of it, I'm blessed to even have a job.
johnnymystic
View Profile
Inner circle
North Adams Ma.
1576 Posts

Profile of johnnymystic
Bobby, you lucky F@$%ER!!! You have yourself an awesome table!!!

Chad, nice F@$%EN table, you got skills bro!!
I drink cheap tequila and vomit
<BR>I cannot eat hot wings...acid reflux
<BR>I never inhale Smile
<BR>I can put a field dress on a deer
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
Wow! That really is a nice table! How heavy is it? And why do you only have one shelf? do you transport your materials inside of the table as well? I have a Lefler table that I use for my kid's show but have been looking for tables like that for some of my close up gigs.
jimmy talksalot
View Profile
Special user
new orleans
757 Posts

Profile of jimmy talksalot
Really brilliant....a table like that should have been on the market along time ago....brilliant!
BAH1313
View Profile
Elite user
Ohio
445 Posts

Profile of BAH1313
I would venture to say that the whole thing weighs about 40 lbs. give or take 5 lbs.

It is heavy but for a couple reasons. Number one, its made from oak as requested, and it is made in a quality manner, lotsa tongue and groove and what not. It is built to take one .hell. of a beating! Even the rails on the edges of the table are actual HAND RAILS! lol!

As for only having one shelf, that's all that is required of it because I don't use a bunch of different props. Just me and a couple o standards. The pocket on the right is perfect for ditching cut up fruit (with a plastic liner of course) holding balls, cups, wand etc. But these things get taken out and stowed else where the table travels. The slim lne pockets on the left are perfect for holding various cards, brochures, ID (in the zipper pocket), and even a wand will slide right in. These I don't have to remove before packing it.
The shelf is just a shelf, but could also serve me as a servant to load from or to put my gun, knife and grenades.

The cool thing about the shelf is that it's removable, and able to be placed on two different levels very easily.

Okay I'm done talking about it now... I'm off to play with it.

The table I mean.
I am truly blessed to have a job where people are laughing all the time and everyone believes in magic....Come to think of it, I'm blessed to even have a job.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
If it has the bells and whistles you need, that's all that's important!

I wish I could put together something like that! (Or afford to pay someone to do it for me! Smile ) Perhaps in the future.
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Ya know it's winter time when... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL