The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Grind Show/Single-O (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
abigkahuna/1
View Profile
Loyal user
274 Posts

Profile of abigkahuna/1
Currently we are in Indio at the National Date Festival. Don't have the museum up, a few years back they gave me such a hard time and runa round for four months...jeez. But come St Patrick's Day we may have the museum up in Henderson NV and most definetly in Yuma for the County Fair there.

After Yuma its Clark County Fair in Logandale, NV and them skeedaddle down to Tucson for the Pima County Fair. Museum will be up in all those locations. Beginning in May its Cottonwood, AZ and then Chico, CA for the Silver Dollar Fair. It will be just the museum in Chico again for the third year. After that its up to the Pacific Northwest were folks will be seeing the museum for the fourth year in a row in some spots. Hopefully we will get a far better loc in Puyallup. Had an offer last year for the LA County Fair, but turned it down cause we had already paid for Puyallup. Besides its a sticky bit trying to get down from Salem that closes on MOnday and turn around and open Thursday in LA.

We hope to finish up once again at the AZ State Fair. Lo and Behold its a year already! And we have only just begun... One down and some 20 more to go...

regards

abigkauna/1

http://web.mac.com/abigkahuna go to the movie page to see our movie of the strange thing...
erichall
View Profile
New user
South Carolina
69 Posts

Profile of erichall
Turns out you don't actually see the strange thing on the video, just a bunch of people crowding around...

What a rip off. I guess you have to be there, and actually put down a dollar. Geez.
At least he made it on a mac!

Doug would say that you should ditch the **** and fous on the *** without all the *** but you seem to be doing fine and having fun.

Keep up the good work!

I'm looking forward to the summer already!

Eric
abigkahuna/1
View Profile
Loyal user
274 Posts

Profile of abigkahuna/1
I am trying an experiment with *** using Doug's formula. We shall see what happens. There are just somethings though that needed just a little tweaking. I won't get into it here, and Doug might well agree with me on those certain things.... But this public forum is not the place for those discussions.
Michael K
View Profile
Loyal user
Hazleton, PA
249 Posts

Profile of Michael K
Uncle, uncle...

I'll get a Zibit. I'll follow the instructions. Just don't tease me anymore with all the great stories.

I was possibly thinking of using the Zibit as a pre-show or post-show to my 10-in-1 sideshow that I did at a college campus, so I wouldn't charge admission and would have interested people quickly walk past the box in a trunk on stage, similar to the bladebox. Just an idea. I do plan on sticking to Mr. Higley's instructions at fairs and flea markets.

Now if we could only combine the Jam Action and the Zibit *joke* but now you are thinking "Who would say a nickle to see what is in the box?"
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
"In each bag I'm going to put a ticket to see my THING. Only those with a bag, hold up your bags please, will get a change to see it. Lady! what do you mean you don't want to see my THING? Ok everybody with a $5 bill come a bit closer....
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Rappel
View Profile
Veteran user
Memphis Tn.
303 Posts

Profile of Rappel
Doug, as they say down here in the South " You ain't right"
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Not me! Jack!
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
JAlenS
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
1528 Posts

Profile of JAlenS
Did my first single-o show today. MAN!!! It worked just like Doug and everyone that does it says it does. We had kind of a sparse crowd but we (me and my son) hung out and joked with people and made some money. A rough calculation of 20% of the attendees of the festival saw the thing. It was great! We had groups discussing the thing outside the setup and people that heard them paid to see it. We decided to take down the show but we couldn't because people kept coming.

You are the Grand Poobah Doug. Thanks!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Grind Show/Single-O (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL