The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Oil for the appearing cane? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
elmago
View Profile
Loyal user
Northridge- Los Angeles, CA
272 Posts

Profile of elmago
Fantasio canes must be stored extended. But they are made of plastic film and not metal. Maybe that is where the confusion is coming from.
"Excellence is not a single act; it's a habit" Shaq quoting Aristotle after winning NBA MVP.
hackmonkey
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1093 Posts

Profile of hackmonkey
I would be careful with oiling metal canes. I sprayed my metal torch to cane with WD40 once. After that it was too 'slick' and would over extend, small sliver gaps showing near the top third. I had to wipe it down with vinegar to help remove this, even after giving it good wipe down. Also keeping it in the freezer (in a baggie) for a while to see if that helped it tighten up through contraction.

Both these methods together and it works fine now. I have another metal appearing cane I just use with a silk and store/treat them the same. There have been no problems with the other cane I didn't spray.

Maybe WD40 is too slick.
Look behind you...on your left...thats the real world.

http://www.instagram.com/JoePiperMagic
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Oil for the appearing cane? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL