The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Glass Cups and Balls (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Keith Mitchell
View Profile
Special user
799 Posts

Profile of Keith Mitchell
I am now getting into Cups and Balls and I have both Micheal Ammar Cups and Balls. Having a good time with them.

Today I did a search on the interent and found a video of Jason Latimer doing Glass Cups and Balls. He was up on stage sitting behind a table with three tall Glass Cups, and a huge audience entrance in what he was doing, it was a very impressive performance.

Just wanted everyone to know about this, it is well worth watching.

Have fun!
Keith
football2136
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of football2136
Do you have a link to the video?
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
It's been around for a few years. Just go to http://www.youtube.com and search his name or cups and balls.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
football2136
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of football2136
Thanks. The video was awesome.
Darth Ewok
View Profile
Loyal user
Greeneville TN
228 Posts

Profile of Darth Ewok
The video of his performance on the talk show (not sure which one) is a better version. I think. I have it on my computer somewhere.

btw anyone else know about http://vixy.net/ ? it lets you download videos off youtube. its a cool site
my real name is Kevin Harrison

http://www.myspace.com/magicalclerk
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3528 Posts

Profile of gaddy
I've tried a few things to do a C&B routine with clear cups- I have not had much success... Smile
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
yin_howe
View Profile
Special user
Malaysia
985 Posts

Profile of yin_howe
Quote:
On 2008-01-31 19:21, Darth Ewok wrote:
The video of his performance on the talk show (not sure which one) is a better version. I think. I have it on my computer somewhere.

btw anyone else know about http://vixy.net/ ? it lets you download videos off youtube. its a cool site

I think it was the Tonight Show
"Talent without passion is talent wasted.."
https://www.youtube.com/user/yinhowe80/
Mobius303
View Profile
Inner circle
Lakewood, Ohio
1309 Posts

Profile of Mobius303
It was Late Night With Craig Fergusson.
There is also a video of Latimer doing the routine on an Asian TV show.
Excellent routine.
Mobius
Darth Ewok
View Profile
Loyal user
Greeneville TN
228 Posts

Profile of Darth Ewok
I'm prety sure jason's cups are gimicked like crazy. I'd love to get a look at them

by the way. the clip from tha asin show is terrible. why do they do instant replays right in the middle of a routine?? that's a horible way to show magic on tv. I f you HAVE to do a replay at least finish the darn thing 1st. jason's music actually ran out because of the constant replays

Keith Mitchell
View Profile
Special user
799 Posts

When I saw this Glass Cups and Balls performance, I was truly amaze to the point where I thought I would never be good enough.

I think I did notice one of the Glass cups being different from the others, and I am not sure if I am allowed to mention it here.

Also, I beleive I caught some of his sleighs that are different from what we normally use in cups and balls.

Have fun folks
Mad, Mad madkiki
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
Nope, not the place to mention it madkiki!
I keep waiting for Mr Palmer to comment here! Smile
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
I sat 10 feet away from him doing this routine at Abbott's Get Together a few years back and I was just blown away. He talked it down all week then fooled the daylights out of me. It was like witnessing real magic.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
No comment. I've seen it too many times in too many different versions.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Laird
View Profile
Regular user
Kansas City
124 Posts

Profile of Laird
Has he published the routine, or made an attempt to produce and sell the cups? Or is he taking it to the grave?
It's never to late to have a happy childhold!
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
None of the above. He hasn't published it yet. He will probably publish it when he figures out his final version of it and gets tired of doing it.

There are enough versions of it on Youtube that you should be able to figure out what's going on.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Figure out what's going on? Hahahah... but not HOW.
He has a plan to market the system, but not right now. Smile
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Terry Holley
View Profile
Inner circle
1805 Posts

Profile of Terry Holley
I enjoy and appreciate the effect and I hope he keeps it to himself!

Terry
Co-author with illusionist Andre' Kole of "Astrology and Psychic Phenomena."
Darth Ewok
View Profile
Loyal user
Greeneville TN
228 Posts

Profile of Darth Ewok
Me too. although I have ideas and guesses about it, and I'd like to see his cup to see if I'm right, I really like the routine and don't really want to know.

Jason has some very cool ideas in his magic, and I'd hate to see a bunch of clones pop up like after david blaine hit the scene. (even tho I kinda was one of them for a little while)

Keith Mitchell
View Profile
Special user
799 Posts

Quote:
On 2008-02-22 18:58, Terry Holley wrote:
I enjoy and appreciate the effect and I hope he keeps it to himself!

Terry

I agree with this statement, but then I am learning C&B and 3-shell game, which were all at one time original ideas and here we are doing what other people do.

I recently saw WGM Chop Cup, David Regal did his own version on Chop Cup that I love very much. In another group I said that "I hope he keeps it to himself," but I guess he wanted to share it with the rest of the world.

Makes me wonder what David Copperfield or Jeff McBride are hiding?? If I ever become world famous what would I keep secret??

I know I am not making any sense here, just rambling thoughts.

Abacadabra "poof"
Keith
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
2431 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
Well... I'll probably get on some people's nerves here but, imo, there is really TOO MUCH going on with his hands!!! They are always crossing each other... It's even difficult to follow what is going on and "understand" whether or not what he does is impossible... I must admit the penatration are really good, but the rest is a bit confusing to me...

And nothing against Jason here! I really love his stage routine with the ring! It's awesome...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Glass Cups and Balls (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL