The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Royal Chinese ['s (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Profile of THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
http://themagicwarehouse.com/cgi-bin/findit.pl?x_item=CO6579

Does anyone have these? I was thinking of getting 2 of the black ones with the shell, plus 2 normal ones. I know the quality is cheap, but does anyone like them?

By the way, I can't get the search function to function.
Jeff Corn
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1190 Posts

Profile of Jeff Corn
The problem I have with them is the edges are rounded and it's pretty obvious that something's up with the coins. If you're working at a distance, they should be fine, but I wouldn't use them closeup.
Yes, that is my real name. Yes, I am a real person. No, you probably won't agree with me.
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

If the shell is rounded too, what's the problem?
Jeff Corn
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1190 Posts

Profile of Jeff Corn
The coin's edge is blocked off, similar to a half dollar. The [ is rounded on the edges. They don't match up.
Yes, that is my real name. Yes, I am a real person. No, you probably won't agree with me.
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Oh, your wanting to put the shell on a half dollar, or a half dollar shell on the Chinese coin?
Jeff Corn
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1190 Posts

Profile of Jeff Corn
No, the Chinese coin shell has a rounded edge, while the coin itself is blocked off.
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

So the shell just doesn't fit on the coin?
Jeff Corn
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1190 Posts

Profile of Jeff Corn
It does, but it doesn't fit very tightly. The back of the coin is pretty obvious from any range and some of them seem to have gaps.
kardillusions
View Profile
Special user
Calgary, AB
544 Posts

Profile of kardillusions
They're not great. The shell rattles a lot, and aren't made for a snug, proper fit. When the shell is nested, you can't show both sides- the seam between the metals is far too open.

Scott.
www.hermitmagic.com
Hermit Magic Magazine
Instagram: @hermitmagicmag
Subscribe today!
Danny Borneo
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of Danny Borneo
Not a huge fan of royal products, a lot of the comments on these (ie Kardillusions) really don't surprise me
DStachowiak
View Profile
Inner circle
Baltimore, MD
2158 Posts

Profile of DStachowiak
IMHO, the Johnson Chinese Coins and Shells are the way to go, as well as all their other Chinese gaffs, as they are beautiful and match perfectly.
Woke up.
Fell out of bed.
Dragged a comb across m' head.
Danny Borneo
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of Danny Borneo
The Johnson CSB is a dream
John T Cox
View Profile
Veteran user
385 Posts

Profile of John T Cox
I have the coins in several colors, I got a few extra black ones and also the shell and a flipper coin.

These are not appropriate for close up work, in my opinion. However, I found that they show up really well on stage due to their contrast and size. The shell does have a nice feature in that you can show both sides.

John
The real magic is family!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Royal Chinese ['s (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL