The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Really Beautiful Streamers! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3519 Posts

Profile of SpellbinderEntertainment
OK folks!
In the first ten-seconds of the YouTube clip below, the magician produces one of the most vibrantly dyed rainbow colored silk streamers I've seen in a long time,
beautiful quality and wonderful sheen, not either garish nor dull. And mind you, these look good on a poor Internet video!

Any guesses who's they are or where he might have got them? I know there are some great silk dealers and importers here, but I'm wondering about these silk streamers in particular.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8pc_JtlPec

With curiosity,
Walt
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
They appear to be very thin, also. You can see through the streamer as the last section drops to the floor. It's obviously not one of Peter White's tie-dyed ones, because the colors are wrong.
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
You know that you can make your own multi color streamers?

Bob
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Based on the vibrancy and thinness, my guess is that they're from some company in Japan. I've noticed that Japanese companies seem to excell in vibrant colors. Whoever made them, they do look great on the video!

Ron
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3519 Posts

Amos- yes they appear thin, but move and flow very well!

Ron- thanks, I wonder if they are from Japan, commercially available?

Bob- yes you can make your own, or there are good ones out there, I was wondering about these in particular, as they were so striking, not Rice, or P&A, or the imports, that are around, I don't think.

Anyone else have an idea?

Expensive I'd think, but what a look...
Thanks, Walt
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
They are japanese silk. Probbly 4 or 5 momme as most of their silk is thin. They will wear relatively fast because of the weight. But if you are Ade Duval, who cares?

The difference is the special weave of silk with a little crepe chine woven in.

You might look a UGM for their silks.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Walt,

Please check your email.

Bob
Bob Sanders

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3519 Posts

Thanx for all the help Bob!
Walt
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Walt,

Thank you! One of the important things about the video you found is that it shows how to use streamers without letting them twist. Few magicians master that.

An advantage of streamers is the continuity of production. Unfortunately, twisting reduces the surface the audience gets to see at a time. The total surface mass of the production never gets seen at one time. The Line of Silks licks both of these problems. Most magicians have never seen a Line of Silks used used.

The streamer used in this video appears to be an 8" x 24' streamer. We do still import streamers 8" x 30' and 12" x 24'. If you start with a solid white or lemon yellow one, making it a rainbow (multicolor) is limited mostly by drying space. I don't recommend doing part, letting it dry and then doing another part. The pattern tends to change.

Using a paint brush or air brush are two popular methods of adding colors. Both give better control than the "dipping" method.

Have at it! It's your act. Customize it.

Enjoy your silk magic.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Really Beautiful Streamers! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL