The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mentalism and balloon modeling (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Derby Dolphin
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of Derby Dolphin
I am wondering if any of you have managed to incorporate baloon sculpture with your mentalism routines? I have a routine where I hide three different coloured balloons, sculpted into three different species of animal in different parts of the room. My blindfolded assistant enteres and can find not only where the baloons are, but can correctly reveal the animal and the colour.
I am sure you have guessed the method by now - but have any of you combined balloons with mentalism?
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
Yes
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Riggs has a great idea in one of his Gods with Feet of Clay

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
obijuan
View Profile
Loyal user
New Lenox
242 Posts

Profile of obijuan
Sebastian Black has a humorous take on a chair prediction in his chair loons effect.
George Chan
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Profile of George Chan
I have incorporated balloon modelling and a headache. I tried it once and nearly burst all the blood vessels in my head! Smile

I have used regular balloons for mentalism. I ask children, it is a childrens show, if they can hear the difference between hot and cold. Most say no but I ask them to listen out to the hot tap running. As the water heats up the sound of the running tap changes. I don't demonstrate, I havent got a tap! but a teacher or adult confirms. Then I claim I can hear the different between colours. Does the teacher know how I do it? Of course not! She doesn't know magic like me.

Five different coloured balloons are on stage, blown up. I am blindfolded and a child volunteer bursts balloons one by one with a pin. Listening hard I reveal which colour made the noise.

It is not amazing mentalism and you all know the method. But it is a nice routine for kids who like bursting balloons. And it is a 'bit' educational when discussing sounds.
mindgames
View Profile
Veteran user
389 Posts

Profile of mindgames
Sebastian black chairloons is a winner, and I believe that aldo colombini got a mental effect using balloon twister
I READ MINDS.... YOURS TOO.
Ezzet
View Profile
Veteran user
Sweden
391 Posts

Profile of Ezzet
Quote:
On 2008-02-04 08:56, mindgames wrote:
Sebastian black chairloons is a winner, and I believe that aldo colombini got a mental effect using balloon twister

But where do you get a 5 co******nt bag? Or do you use somethig else? Please share cause this effect woul be really funny to perform.

Thanks
Ezzet
mindgames
View Profile
Veteran user
389 Posts

Profile of mindgames
Yes I did change the c****m part
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
So, air heads are in?

Bob
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Quentin
View Profile
Inner circle
1020 Posts

Profile of Quentin
Kennedy did a very nice routine with a balloon dog in his one man show when I saw it last July.
mindgames
View Profile
Veteran user
389 Posts

Profile of mindgames
I pm you hope you like it mate
mindgames
View Profile
Veteran user
389 Posts

Profile of mindgames
I mean, I hope....
Ezzet
View Profile
Veteran user
Sweden
391 Posts

Profile of Ezzet
Great idea mindgames. Thanks alot.

Ezzet
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Michael Fraughton also has a routine called Balloon Hounds from Hell, I think, in his great book, THE DARK WALTZ.
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Yeah - the riggs one is great, I especially liked it when he almost dares you to draw genitalia on it...
I've asked to be banned
Hoff Man
View Profile
Loyal user
Ohio
258 Posts

Profile of Hoff Man
I used to combine both for kid shows, with help from a routine that Trevor Lewis put out. I think it was called “Twisty”… or something like that. It involved jumbo playing cards with various balloon animals displayed and could be played as a sort of prediction or telepathy thing. Of much more importance was all the bits of business you could inject along the way with just one measly 260 balloon. It was a fun routine.

And like Docc Hilford said, you could do twenty minutes with one of those things, IF you wanted to.

Steve
fishwasher
View Profile
Inner circle
B'ham uk
1231 Posts

Profile of fishwasher
Quote:
On 2008-02-04 13:47, Dr Spektor wrote:
Michael Fraughton also has a routine called Balloon Hounds from Hell, I think, in his great book, THE DARK WALTZ.

Yup, It is pretty *** freaky.....
Sayn lay narn, marli?

http://www.bizarremagic.net
Hansel
View Profile
Inner circle
Puerto Rico
2492 Posts

Profile of Hansel
In My Routine I presente jumbo cards of different REAL wild animals,and have a Cage with a Silk covering them,Show a tiger,elephant etc in the cards,the card that the person chooses perfectly match with the animal in the cage,i f**ce one card that have a balloon tiger,and exactly in the cage is the balloon tiger,i hope help you,
Thanks,
Hansel!
Follow Me...
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Hansels-Comedy-and-Magic-Show-929625643774678/
Youtube: HanselSP
Twitter: @HanselSP
Instagram: HanselSP
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mentalism and balloon modeling (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL