The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Cards Across Stage (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Roland
View Profile
New user
Arizona
37 Posts

Profile of Roland
Steinmeyer has another version (using envelopes) in Device and Illusion. It uses a ribbon that can be held between the two spectators that can make a nice visual.

Roland
http://www.DanceOfIllusion.com
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1880 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
Quote:
On 2008-09-26 06:46, Glenn Morphew wrote:
On Bob Sheets' "Hang em High" dvd you not only learn a great rope through body effect, he teaches a very nice version of cards across that meets your criteria. A big bonus is you get to see Bob perform these pieces on stage in front of a live audience.

I agree. I actually used this few times in the past. Other good option in my mind would be Daryls gimmicked one
Logan Five
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1434 Posts

Profile of Logan Five
I like Micheal Ammar's version of his cards across..it's perfect for stage work.
Self concept is destiny..
Christo
View Profile
Loyal user
Cyprus
229 Posts

Profile of Christo
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the Juan Tamariz method....

Its a gaffed version, but it involves two mearly "thought of cards" travelling. Can be found on Juan Tamariz "Lessons in Magic" Volume 1

Chris
"Humpty was pushed!!"
bwarren3
View Profile
Special user
518 Posts

Profile of bwarren3
Bruce Kalver and Bob Sheets versions are funny, easy to do and both are real killer effects for lay audiences....
I highly recommend both versions as mentioned above..
Bill
liampower
View Profile
Regular user
189 Posts

Profile of liampower
Quote:
On 2009-01-25 11:51, Christo wrote:
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the Juan Tamariz method....

Its a gaffed version, but it involves two mearly "thought of cards" travelling. Can be found on Juan Tamariz "Lessons in Magic" Volume 1

Chris

but you need a table for that and the question was for no table. but this is a really magical routine
mentalguy
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of mentalguy
Tannen's Card Leap, while I feel like it could be a great effect, comes with the WORST directions I have EVER read. I am spending hours deciphering what the instructions mean. When the instructions say "right" they really mean "left," when they talk about adding cards to the other hand they do not explain how, and the "photo of the set-up" is completely useless.

Worst of all, the salesperson (Dave) suggested that I buy Card Leap over Strange Travelers because it was clearer to understand! Talk about HORRIBLE customer service!

Not that typos are new in magic instructions, but Tannen's has taken it to an entirely new level.
the fritz
View Profile
Special user
647 Posts

Profile of the fritz
INMOTION,

If you want a no-palm cards across with mentally selected cards (as in three spectators really only THINK of a card they see in a group of ten) that is perfect for stage or parlor performance with regular or jumbo cards, then the one to look for is in a book entitled "Card Tricks for Beginners" by Harry Baron. This is an old, long out-of-print book but you can find it in many local libraries. It's the type of book you checked out over and over as a kid, but it has some professional caliber effects in it. I believe it has been published by many different publishers in paperback form and can be found very inexpensively online.

I'll never forget when I first read this method. It uses regular playing cards and regular envelopes and is as clean as you can get. There is no palming and the method is virtually self-working. I believe if you give this a try you will likely not use anything else.
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1830 Posts

Profile of wally
Zen's Ultimate Cards Across", where to buy. info wanted. thanks
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1830 Posts

Profile of wally
Does anyone know where I can buy the Paul hallas cards across here in UK.
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Mick Ayres is da MAN when he speaks of the importance of the classics.

There is a beauty in The Jinx called "King's Kards" that would work beautifully! No palming, and is the progentor of some of the effects mentioned here.

Ahimsa,
Vlad
liampower
View Profile
Regular user
189 Posts

Profile of liampower
Quote:
On 2010-07-09 06:47, wally wrote:
Zen's Ultimate Cards Across", where to buy. info wanted. thanks

its in My Best by J.G.Thompson
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Several versions of Cards Across are included in my "Cards Across Variations" found in my Mini-Mysteries Section, Book 3, of my site. It includs Michel Zen's Cards and Envelopes and my own variation of that effect, plus many others. No palming, and any sleights are very simple to do. You can also see Wiz Kid Qua-Fiki performing my version of Cards in Sealed Envelopes in a video demonstration on my site. This version is suitable for stage presentations and may be presented with jumbo cards and envelopes if you wish.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
magicjluc
View Profile
New user
australia and France
61 Posts

Profile of magicjluc
Paul Daniels version is the best in my opinion. You can find it in Bravura videos. Smile Smile
Zatanna,female magician and mentalist, 2007,2008 & 2009 WA's Magician of the year, 2011 Fringe Festival magic slam winner. Festival Off d'Avignon 2021 2022.
Magicien professionnel au féminin close-up et scène Cannes Monaco Côte d'Azur.
https://www.zatanna.pro
Deej1
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of Deej1
If people are still finding this thread useful, then check out the Dave Loosley effect Ultimate No-Palm Cards Across; https://www.daveloosleymagic.co.uk/shop - no palming, no envelopes. Mr. Loosely is a very charming and funny performer. His handling of this material, as seen in a recent lecture, can play for several minutes. It looks clean as a whistle, packs small, plays huge and weighs next to nothing. I loathe the word ULTIMATE in marketing but in this instance, I personally would look no further for a no-palm cards across.
Careful shopper & author of 'Magic by phone'
Jxb1989
View Profile
New user
USA
49 Posts

Profile of Jxb1989
Andrew normansell’s on his dvd commercial comedy magic. It’s great.
Gennovense
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

Profile of Gennovense
Larry Hass, Penguin Live Lecture.
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
Quote:
On Jan 15, 2020, Deej1 wrote:
If people are still finding this thread useful, then check out the Dave Loosley effect Ultimate No-Palm Cards Across; https://www.daveloosleymagic.co.uk/shop - no palming, no envelopes. Mr. Loosely is a very charming and funny performer. His handling of this material, as seen in a recent lecture, can play for several minutes. It looks clean as a whistle, packs small, plays huge and weighs next to nothing. I loathe the word ULTIMATE in marketing but in this instance, I personally would look no further for a no-palm cards across.

Does Dave's version use gimmicks and if so do you at least end clean ?
ejohn
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta
723 Posts

Profile of ejohn
His website says hand made gaffs.
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
Quote:
On Jun 1, 2020, ejohn wrote:
His website says hand made gaffs.

I'm not a big fan of gaffs but it does sound interesting.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Cards Across Stage (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL