The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Tirofog Illusion Coins (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Habu
View Profile
Veteran user
Texas / Alabama
393 Posts

Profile of Habu
I did a search on this and didn't see anything.

I am interested in this coin effect. It is on the Tirofog, Inc. site as Illusion coins:

Illusion Coins

It is $129.95 and comes with "three" coins and a DVD. The demo looks very clean and with a high WOW factor. It looks like it would make an excellent ending to a coin routine, and isn't really that expensive.

The vanish part seems like something I could do with an E/S. But the production isn't, for me anyway. Does anyone have a review of this trick?
www.magicbyhabu.com
Habu: Taken from SR-71 spy plane I worked on. It's name came from a poisonous snake on Okinawa. Hope my magic isn't poisonous!
Thoth
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of Thoth
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......&start=0

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=202

It's from Magic Makers and it is allegedly a rip-off of Kohler's U3F.
Thomas Wayne
View Profile
Inner circle
Alaska
1977 Posts

Profile of Thomas Wayne
The worst part of the whole pitch is the very false claim: "At all times the hands are kept far apart".

No they aren't. In fact, for each phase this "performer" brings his hands (and the coins) together immediately prior to the next transposition. Not only is the basic gaff an unauthorized knock-off, but the handling is abysmal.

It's NOT magical, and it's hardly even a good puzzle.

TW
MOST magicians: "Here's a quarter, it's gone, you're an idiot, it's back, you're a jerk, show's over." Jerry Seinfeld
Habu
View Profile
Veteran user
Texas / Alabama
393 Posts

Profile of Habu
AH, thanks for the links. I see it is a closed topic on that thread so I'll not go further with it here. I'll just to look up the original effect from it's designer on that thread.

Thanks for the links and comments.
www.magicbyhabu.com
Habu: Taken from SR-71 spy plane I worked on. It's name came from a poisonous snake on Okinawa. Hope my magic isn't poisonous!
Art190
View Profile
Elite user
447 Posts

Profile of Art190
You cannot buy Kohler's U3F (only second hand). He does not sell it anymore. It was said that he would release U3F2, but so far nothing. There is a gimmicked 3 Fly routine called "Come Fly With Me" by Mark Mason which is available. I have heard some good reviews on it. I think most people like Kohler's U3F better though. If you can wait 'till U3F2 or TheFly by Paul Wilson (another gimmicked 3 fly) come out, I would get either one....But if you need it now go for Come Fly With Me.

Art
illushade
View Profile
New user
China
67 Posts

Profile of illushade
It is worthwhile to mention that in the "Unexplainable Acts" book, Gary explains his version of 3Fly which involves a gimmick ([). I highly recommend it.
The major problem of 3f is the last phase. The audience may get the feeling that you have an extra coin. I think "[" is a great solution.

Regards

Lee
Magic is my life. My life is magic.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Tirofog Illusion Coins (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL