The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Where can I get.... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

nalu_magic
View Profile
Loyal user
Paradise
297 Posts

Profile of nalu_magic
a big 5 inch Jumbo Coin that isn't so expensive? I've just started getting into coin magic and have noticed that the Johnson 3 inch jumbo half dollars are pretty cheap (around $4) but why are the 5 inch coins in the $30 range? Is it made of different metal? Do you know of any dealer that is a little more affordable. I mean, is 1.5 inches worth that much more? I know this may sound like a silly question...thanks for your help.
Bobcape
View Profile
Elite user
Rapid City, SD
470 Posts

Profile of Bobcape
I know this is not what you're after, but if you are thinking about spending $30+ on a fake silver jumbo coin, you may want to check your local coin dealer first. I bought a real, solid silver, jumbo replica for $45. It is about 4.25" diameter and weighs 9 Troy ounces (a little over a half a pound). It was not in new condition but I think it looks really good and it makes a heck of a klunk when I drop it on the table. For what it's worth.

Bob
Be Amazed! + Enjoy The Magic!
DRPEPPER
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Profile of DRPEPPER
saco got the best prices on large coins they out pa
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
Hocus Pocus is advertising some new jumbos, a chrome plated 3" Kennedy half, and a plated (I think) 5" in silver, or gold. Pricey, but very interesting, and you only have to buy them once. (not like sponge balls or mouth coils)

The price for the 3" plated coins are comparable to what others have been charging, which seemed reasonable. The plating is important due to the speed at which the unplated coins tend to tarnish.

Magicsmith has 3" Jumbos with shells that sport an interesting silver finish that does not look like chrome plating, and may be a less jarring match for those of your using silver coins.
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
Andrew E. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1428 Posts

Profile of Andrew E. Miller
Magicsmith! They have all sorts of jumbo coins including what you are looking for. The coins are so expensive because they are usually chrome or nickel plated. The regular ones from Johnson aren't plated. The regular three inch ones that are chrome or nickel are $10-12.

Andrew
If you get bored go to www.a-miller.idz.net and watch some magic.

-Andrew
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Where can I get.... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL