The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Boston/Slot Box (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4375 Posts

Profile of rannie
Is there such a thing as a Boston Box with a slot? If ever... where can I find one?

....Calling Steve shufton......!

Rannie
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
andrelimantara
View Profile
Special user
Surabaya, Indonesia
871 Posts

Profile of andrelimantara
Hi, Rannie

the only thing I know is Slot Box and I don't think it has recessed bottom.
Cheers
Andre
"Good performance comes from good practice, Great performance comes from the heart - Andre Limantara"
NicholasD
View Profile
Inner circle
1458 Posts

Profile of NicholasD
Rannie:

Themagicwarehouse.com. There's an item called the Buddha Box. Very nicely made. You can get a regular Okito Box and a Boston Box that is slotted, among other things.

Good Luck,

Nick
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4375 Posts

Profile of rannie
Thanks Nick! I do have all the Buddha boxes... even the sucker box. I have around 8 different coin boxes but none have the dual feature I am looking for.

Thanks just the same.

Rannie

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of Tom G
I bought a Bob Bengal box made by Jim Zee years ago and this was an all in one.
It was a slot box and the bottom plate could be banged out for a slotted Boston.
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4375 Posts

Profile of rannie
Thanks Bob! I hope Jim Zee still make them.

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
TWOCAN
View Profile
Special user
PORT RICHEY FL
876 Posts

Profile of TWOCAN
Because of the tipping over of the slot box the bottom in exposed and shows the recesed coin. I would think that this would pose a problem when doing a slot box routine rather then just swap the box out for another.
Profits over people are a common thing . Be uncommon and be the best .
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Hi Rinnie,
Could you use a Magnetic Boston box! I was thinking of haveing some Made!
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
I'm not getting it--how are you guys planning to use this if you can't show the inside bottom when the slot's doing its thing, and you can't show the outside bottom, well, ever? In other words, what TWOCAN just said!
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4375 Posts

Profile of rannie
Curtis,

I have always loved those boxes over the years and continue to do so. At one point, I lost my Okito box. I was left with my slot box and my Boston box. I was forced to use my Boston box in place of my lost Okito. The recess at the back was never a problem for me.... well , as long as there was no coin attatched to it. I found the recess to help kake the box look innocent. Just like it is quite normal for a drinking glass to have a recess on the bottom. This is just my opinion. I have never been questioned by laymen. If anything.... he recess on the Boston seem to make the distictction between the top and bottom more apparent in a very silly but effective way. I'm not sure if I am articulating it effectively.

I never stick he coin on my Boston Box. I like it free for clean ups etc....

I am also a big fan of Roth's Slot Box routine. Imagine having the best of both worlds and be able to incorporate 2 rouines in one amazing routine.

Oh....another thing about the Slot box is that.... all it takes is a minor change in handling to make it work like an Okito!

I do have some designs if someone is willing to work with me on a box!

Rannie

PS Mr. Neighbors.... I believe I have a magnetic Buddha Box.... prob;lem is I do not have a magnetic coin.... I'll check it out!

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
NicholasD
View Profile
Inner circle
1458 Posts

Profile of NicholasD
Rannie:
I have Buddha Boxes: Boston Box and regular Okito Box and they are both slotted. I'm pretty sure I got them at the Magic Warehouse.

Nick
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4375 Posts

Profile of rannie
I have both the brass and stainless set. The slot is the only one with the slot! Wow talk about my Double Redundancy...ooops there I go again!

Thanks Nick... I'll take another look!

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
tntjr
View Profile
Elite user
483 Posts

Profile of tntjr
Old thread, but researching this myself. How's this?
http://www.mjmmagic.com/store/slot-bosto......596.html
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9987 Posts

Profile of funsway
Quote:
On 2008-02-19 14:12, TWOCAN wrote:
Because of the tipping over of the slot box the bottom in exposed and shows the recesed coin. I would think that this would pose a problem when doing a slot box routine ...

I always add the coin to the bottom part way through the Routine after that part has been shown many times -- even handled by the audience. No difference here.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Hi Rannie,
it would be best to use a Steal core coin for A magnetic box! So that way so don't have to remember what way you have to place it in! Smile
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
wayman
View Profile
Special user
England - Sunderland
589 Posts

Profile of wayman
Quote:
On Feb 18, 2008, rannie wrote:
Is there such a thing as a Boston Box with a slot? If ever... where can I find one?

....Calling Steve shufton......!

Rannie

Rennie....
Is this what you were looking for...

https://www.magicshop.co.uk/slot-boston-......c-tricks
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9987 Posts

Profile of funsway
Quote:
On Feb 18, 2008, rannie wrote:
Rannie

There is a handling that allows a coin to be retained in the box without a slot or special coin, i.e.,
accomplish the same end result using a different method than slot or magnetic. I discovered the technique by accident.

Write ken@eversway.com if info desired.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
pabloinus
View Profile
Inner circle
1681 Posts

Profile of pabloinus
I have a boston/slot made by Tango Magic
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
I think your about 10-11 years late with your replies but it is interesting to know these type of boxes can be purchased from Tango Magic thanks for sharing Smile
Threecard
View Profile
Regular user
Sunny Arizona
141 Posts

Profile of Threecard
Check out the "Opongo Box" By Juan Luis Rubiales. It fits the OP's description, comes with the box, four Kennedy half dollars, a DVD of effects, and has some other features. Nice quality product!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Boston/Slot Box (2 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL