The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Review wanted for "Stand Up and Deliver" by Jeff Blum (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Anyone bought this DVD yet that could give us a review
cheerz
Mac_Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami, FL
1424 Posts

Profile of Mac_Stone
There's a demo on youtube, doesn't look impressive at all.
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Cheerz
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Is this an old video converted to DVD?
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
I don't think so Chris.
EVILDAN
View Profile
Inner circle
1279 Posts

Profile of EVILDAN
I saw the demo on YouTube as well. I read the back of the actual DVD.
I decided to pass on this.
by EVILDAN....
"The Coin Board Book" - moves and routines with the coin panel board. - http://www.lybrary.com/the-coin-board-book-p-827955.html
"SLASHER - A Horror Whodunnit" - a bizarre close-up routine based on Bob Neale's "Sole Survivor."
PM me for more info.
"Zombie Town" - a packet effect about how a small town turned into zombies. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nzJhcoJtyOM
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Maybe someone that has it will review. You never know...there could be a hidden gem......
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Hart Keene
View Profile
Inner circle
Eugene, OR
1486 Posts

Profile of Hart Keene
I wasted enough time(and money) watching this dvd so I don't want to go into great detail here and waste even more time but let me just tell you to steer very clear of this offering!

I wonder if this was Mr. Blum's first time performing some of these effects? They have zero presentation(or comedy) and there is no reason for anyone in the audience to care about anything he is doing because he doesn't give them anything to work with. He stumbles over words and the routines are filled with "uhs" and "ums". I thought he was a professional performer? Shouldn't these routines be polished? He took effects that are not his and basically butchered them and made them harder to follow. If he thinks he has added anything to what is already out there then he needs to think again. Seriously, this is the question that people need to ask themselves before they release ANYTHING! Am I adding to what is already out there? SIMPLE QUESTION GUYS! I was confused as to what was even happening in some of the effects. I could pick apart each effect but its not worth the effort...Pm me if you need more details.

I am sorry to be so blunt but I just get sick of everybody and their mom thinking they have a right to "release" "their" stuff. The stuff on here isn't his and he is not a breakthrough performer by any means so why would you purchase this let alone watch it?

One other thing...he includes tips on making a living performing stand-up. Most of his tips are common sense or re-hash stuff most have heard but there was one thing I had never heard before. He said that if you are going to work a restaurant you should be able to come and go WHENEVER you want! If you want to come in on a Sunday, fine. Monday and tuesday, fine. Not at all for two weeks, fine. LOL You might think he was joking, he's not! I have been working restaurants for a long time and I have never heard or even thought of doing something as ridiculous as this for obvious reasons. He says its because of conflicting outside gigs. To combat this you simply work it out with the manager or owner that your outside gigs are bread and butter and if you have one come up you will find a suitable sub.

Again, steer clear...
-Hart

Check out my website:
Magician Portland Oregon
Aaron Smith Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1447 Posts

Profile of Aaron Smith Magic
As Hart previosuly mentioned, this video is awful. Stay clear from it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Review wanted for "Stand Up and Deliver" by Jeff Blum (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL