The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Luke Jermay An open apology (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

C.W.G.
View Profile
Loyal user
275 Posts

Profile of C.W.G.
Hi all,

Yesterday morning at around 3am I had written a post ranting about Luke's new version of Confabulation. There are a couple of things I'd like to clear up about this, firstly, I had written the post only SECONDS after giving the detailed manuscript only a brief glance. I was tired and stressed out at the time of writing it and worst of all, I was a complete *** in what I said.

I had limited experience with the routine and thought that it was performed one way, when in fact it couldn't possibly be performed the way I had thought. Out of respect for Luke I wont go any further into that in order not to reveal any of the methods used. Again I was wrong. To release frustration I am having in my stupid personal life I came on here and started talking out my ass and being a total idiot.
Here's what Luke did...

Came straight on the boards and APOLOGISED TO ME even though I was the one completely in the wrong! THEN he contacted me personally trying to organise a refund and again apologised that I didn't like the manuscript even though he had done NOTHING wrong. THEN today we were emailing each other and he even took the time to clear up my misconceptions about the effect and was a total and complete gentleman.

I want to apologise sincerely for the stupid comments I made and want to thank Luke for being such a gent and clearly the better man. On re-reading the manuscript (fully) it hits me what a complete loud mouth idiot I am, some of what Luke has put into the manuscript is actually genius and is definitely up there with some of his best work. How I thought myself worthy to come on here and critic Luke's work, when I haven't even had a fraction of his success is beyond me. Luke has achieved more in his career so far, than I will in my life time.

Luke, I am so sorry and I really don't know what the hell came over me. I have used your effects in the past and still do in some of my gigs, now I just don't feel worthy. Again my apologies and I wish you the best of luck.
LLL
View Profile
Inner circle
1574 Posts

Profile of LLL
Respect to you Finny, they say it's only a mistake if you don't learn by it.

mescalito
The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words.
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
Learn and move on. I read the post and what Luke did to follow up. I think Luke handled it really well and now it appears you are doing the same.
Pete Legend
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1401 Posts

Profile of Pete Legend
Quote:
How I thought myself worthy to come on here and critic Luke's work, when I haven't even had a fraction of his success is beyond me. Luke has achieved more in his career so far, than I will in my life time.

You have every right to critique anyones work once you have paid for it.Though I think you must be fair and constructive....what level of success you have acheived is not the be all end all.

Anyways fair play for apoligising.Luke can be frustrating but his stuff is class Smile

Hope your all having a good weekend.

Pete

P.S. Nice to see another Cork Rebel here Smile
Lseeyou
View Profile
Inner circle
1271 Posts

Profile of Lseeyou
It happens and like mescalito says "... they say it's only a mistake if you don't learn by it..."

Growing up is like that. There are no mistakes - "...There's what you do and what you don't do..."

All the best, both
xersekis
View Profile
Special user
591 Posts

Profile of xersekis
I'm impressed that someone took the time here to state "I'm wrong"

big act

big person!!!
kriskraze
View Profile
Special user
620 Posts

Profile of kriskraze
Seconded.

I was wrong once earlier this month, but I didn't have the guts to admit it.

Seriously though, it's nice to see posts like this. I'm normally one of the first to complain and criticize, but Luke can't be faulted for the way he's dealt with this, nor can you for your apology.
Slartibartfast
View Profile
Loyal user
Southern Illinois
230 Posts

Profile of Slartibartfast
Lesson learned from this - Never, ever, post something while you are still angry. Go ahead and write it to vent, then delete it. It is amazing how unimportant something becomes after a good night's sleep. I cannot count the number of times I was glad I never hit "send."

Anger lasts a few minutes, the Internet is forever.
If you can pull it off in a biker bar without being violated by a corn dog, more power to you.
-- Gwyd, the Unusual

"YOUR Signature...speaks volumns (sic) as to your lack of understanding."
--T.V.
xersekis
View Profile
Special user
591 Posts

Profile of xersekis
Wise wise words

not to mention - that when things get exposed in an open forum they remain there forever.

so a word of caution to all of us -

protect our craft and each other...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Luke Jermay An open apology (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL