The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » bizarrest may be interested in this (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tboehnlein
View Profile
Inner circle
ohio
1787 Posts

Profile of tboehnlein
the bizzare performers out there might be interested in this site http://translate.google.com/translate?u=......mp;langp
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
Very cool, thank you.

Smile
How_Soon_Is_Now
View Profile
New user
Israel
58 Posts

Profile of How_Soon_Is_Now
Christian Chelman is one of the people behind this site (museum).

You can see his name at the "Direction at admin." section.

Also, I spotted the patter from one of the effects in his book. A very nice site, shame about the sometimes crooked translation.

Eli A.
"I know your trail of tears, your slip of hand/ Your monkey paw, your monkey claw/ And you monkey hand/ I've seen your trick of blood, your trap of fire/ Your ancient wound, your scarlet moon/ And your jailhouse smile" - Cave
Marduke Kurios
View Profile
Veteran user
Vancouver, Canada
316 Posts

Profile of Marduke Kurios
Thanks, looks like a great site.
Live well,
Laugh often,
Love always.

To the world you might be one person, but to one person you just might be the world.

Without Prejudice, All Rights Reserved.
kingmedia
View Profile
New user
Colorado
22 Posts

Profile of kingmedia
Wonderful site! Thanks for the tip.
dekkeret
View Profile
New user
Paris
54 Posts

Profile of dekkeret
I had the pleasure to meet Christian Chelman last Saturday and he talked about his Virtual Museum where you will find many of the bizarre objects he created.

I just wanted to say he mentionned people should lurking around in the museum to find clues about how to access to the famous secret museum department...

Good luck!

Olivier

NB: for French readers, note that a follow-up of "Legendes Urbaines" will be released in the following months Smile
"I can only show you the door, you're the one who has to walk through it."
Morpheus to Neo in "The Matrix"
TrainingMagi
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of TrainingMagi
I am 13 years old, I want to do bizzare magic, however, my age would kind of prevent it from being believable, any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

The new comer Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
Sir T
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Sir T
Greetings training Magi and those that may read this,

All magic be it coins, kids parties, mentalism what have you depends on 3 things practice, practice and more practice. I would suggect, practing magic in general, with a rather large amount based on mentalism.

At 13 money is always an issue! I would start with 13 steps to mentalism. I say this, as it gives you a working foundation to branch out into other areas, such as bizzare magic.

There are those who may disagree, but that is my two pennies worth on the subject. At 13, I would spend my time working on my skills, for the day when I am ready to work.

I would also mention working on haunting a house for Halloween, this is helpful. Maybe even holding a seance. Age is not really a factor to magic, you will just have to practice, practice, practice, to be appreciated.

Funny, I just looked at shock magic and I see I trick or two you could pull off (this book is not sold to minors, but ask Dad to get it.

To end, Practice and presentation will be everything. Do not rush to get there, just practice and read.

Just me
kevin Smile
SloMo150
View Profile
Regular user
Speedway, Indiana
121 Posts

Profile of SloMo150
Kevins right. Stay with it. I quit being interested in magic when i was around your age, and I have regret that decision everyday for the last 2 years. Start small, learn the proper skills to be any type of magician. Who knows your taste might change or you might find doing something els is better. I started doing cards and coins. These two areas have given me the confidence to try other areas. But remember practice, practice, and finally PRACTICE> You won't regret it. Also Don't let your age hold you back.
Hey wanna see me pull a rabbit from my hat, (lion appears). I gotta get a new Hat.
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
Traning, use what you have!
In this case, it's your youth.
You might work on a scenario where you are the instrument through which the magic flows.
(Think "Linda Blair in The Exorcist").
Don't try to be or do something you aren't or can't.
But definitely go with what you've got.
Granted, it's rare to see a young bizarrist. But don't let that hold you back.
cheers,
Peter Marucci
showtimecol@aol.com
sludge
View Profile
Special user
milton keynes, england
530 Posts

Profile of sludge
I don't see that your youth necessarily works against you. For example, poltergeists are known to be attracted to teenagers, twin children can be very creepy - village of the ***ed etc.
Doug Byrd
View Profile
Veteran user
VA
361 Posts

Profile of Doug Byrd
Harry Potter is a "young" wizard in training. Maybe you could approach from this angle.

Just a thought,
Doug
"Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc"
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
I agree with everyone.

(actually, I just wanted to tell Doug the new picture is cool)

Smile
Doug Byrd
View Profile
Veteran user
VA
361 Posts

Profile of Doug Byrd
Thanks Brother Ichazod. Still looking for my place in the world, but at least I think the look is almost there.
Doug (still needs a cool name like Ichazod) Byrd
"Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc"
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4698 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
Dear Doug,

You pic sorta reminds me of Rob Zombie for some strange reason...

Don't know why for sure. Smile
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
Maynooth
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
105 Posts

Profile of Maynooth
A comment to traingingmagi,
Not so many years ago the world was still a big place. With the internet the world has shrunk considerably. While, at thirteen (what a lovely number), you probably can't pull off the line "last week, while I was in Madagascar" you can say "I've come in contact with a peculiar person on the Internet, and after an e-mail correspondence he sent me this goat skull (or whatever) that seems to have powers beyond the norm". Just use that as a point to start contemplating, I'm sure you can come up with a patterline about finding something thru e-mail or a purchase from e-bay that turned out odd.
Don't let youth get in the way of a good storyline. Remember the light, as you explore the dark.
Maynooth
The race is long and in the end it is only with one's self.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » bizarrest may be interested in this (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL