The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Interlaced Transposition (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

PMVIVA
View Profile
Elite user
Argentina
460 Posts

Profile of PMVIVA
Hi Guys, I've come up with an effect while playing around with Paul Harris Interlaced Vanish... I do not know if this kind of effect is already invented or anything since I did not see any information in print or in video so far, if you know anything please let me know...

Here is the video of the whole effect, basically is a transposition between kings and aces while they are interlaced face up and face down... I know the performance is not the best and I flashed for a second when displaying the kings, so take a look and let me know what do you tink of the effect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bC6tOQlsM80

Best Regards
Pablo
If you have an apple and I have an apple, when we exchange them we both have an apple. If I have an idea and you haven an idea, when we exchange them we both have two ideas.

Supporting the open source community.
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Thanks for sharing.
Sean W. Burke
View Profile
Loyal user
Washington D.C.
300 Posts

Profile of Sean W. Burke
Nice job, and besides the flash it was pretty smooth. Unfortunately my Spanish is not good enough to make comments regarding your patter. I understood the counting at least Smile.

On a side note I am curious why Justin always posts 'Thanks for sharing' everytime someone has a new video up. Are you just trying to get your post count up? Otherwise I find those posts are pretty pointless and somewhat annoying.
rich aviles
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of rich aviles
Hello Pablo,

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but this has been published before. It is an effect by Peter Duffie and Robin Robertson called "Interlaced Ace-King Transpo."

They also cite Harris' Interlaced Vanish as their inspiration. Also of note is that their handling of the initial card switch is more streamlined than what you show in your video but the rest is the same.

Rich Aviles
PMVIVA
View Profile
Elite user
Argentina
460 Posts

Profile of PMVIVA
Thanks Rich Aviles, I know it probably was invented before I assume n a century or more of card magic someone would come up with this idea, as many people re-discover existent techniques or effects by themselves as happened to me.

Well again thanks for the information and now I have someone to credit the effect for.
Do you know perhaps where to find the explanation of Peter Duffie's Handling since I am interested on the original version.

Thanks
Pablo
If you have an apple and I have an apple, when we exchange them we both have an apple. If I have an idea and you haven an idea, when we exchange them we both have two ideas.

Supporting the open source community.
rich aviles
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of rich aviles
Pablo, I sent your a private message.

Rich Aviles
robinr
View Profile
Loyal user
Greater Los Angeles area
226 Posts

Profile of robinr
Rich, please remind me where our routine ended up being published. One of Aldo's books or dvd's? I've lost track myself and would like to know for my records.
Robin Robertson
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Interlaced Transposition (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL