The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Kenton's 'The Ones' (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4179 Posts

Profile of bobser
I do hope this makes sense...
In looking through some of the works of Kenton Knepper (for sale)it would seem he has many, many, many, many, many ,many, (ok you get the picture) books on cold reading.
The interesting thing is that they all seem to be making a statement that THIS is 'the one' (I'm not going to into the superlatives used by the many purchasers).
I'm truly NOT trying to be !@#$%y about this, it's just that I'm genuinely perplexed. I mean to say, if you write THE best book on c--ld re---ng, can you really find absolute batches of information to write a further 10 or so more?
And if you keep telling me that THIS is 'the one' when will I eventually be able to ascertain that this one actually IS 'the one'?
Oh and by the way, does anyone actually know which of THE ONES is actually THE ONE?

Bobser
ps: I'm sure they're all lovely and I do fully realise that Knepper himself is a true master in this field.
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
psychicturtle
View Profile
Special user
UK
821 Posts

Profile of psychicturtle
Oh yeah, the one is...ummm, it's....ok. You got me.
Although I'll say that I did like 'completely cold', and 'Wonder readings'. Everything else I use in CR I got from Ian Rowland's book, and Richard websters guide to palm reading.

Ah, the bane of marketing hype...
David Numen
View Profile
Inner circle
2077 Posts

Profile of David Numen
Of the three books he specifically has done for Cold Reading I would say Wonder Readings is by far the best, Readings for the Magician has some interesting stuff and Comlpetely Cold is Completely Controversial - many say they love it many say it's worthless. I have read it, understood it and probably agree with it but I have never ever used it (mainly due to not being comfortable with it).
Experimentalist
View Profile
Veteran user
356 Posts

Profile of Experimentalist
Mind Reading has some useful ideas. I've made a few jaws drop with one of the principles.
wind567
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of wind567
Yeah completely cold is pretty good
kriskraze
View Profile
Special user
620 Posts

Profile of kriskraze
I'm sure he put out one described as 'the real work'. I'd suggest getting that one.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
I would go for Richard Webster and avoid Kenton
tiptophat
View Profile
Loyal user
Wesley
269 Posts

Profile of tiptophat
I would call Kenton a Master..........of marketing that is.
parmenion
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland/Zürich
3988 Posts

Profile of parmenion
The ones is Mike Tyson Smile
“I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.”
<BR>Oscar Wilde experimentaliste <br>
<BR>Artist pickpocket Professional
<BR>
<BR>Looking for the best book test in French? send me a PM!
gabelson
View Profile
Inner circle
conscientious observer
2136 Posts

Profile of gabelson
I have my gripes with some of Kenton's stuff, but "Completely Cold" sums up in a few pages what most authors of cold reading literature take hundreds of pages to say.
Bedford
View Profile
Special user
Louisville, KY
675 Posts

Profile of Bedford
If you want a good book on cold reading get Ian Rowland's book. http://www.ianrowland.com/ItemsToBuy/Col......in1.html
The Alchemy Moon Collective
Find us on Gemini Artifacts
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Kenton's 'The Ones' (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL