The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » They are at it again (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2742 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2742 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
I almost forgot

Day 2
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Bill,

Thanks for the link. Whoever came up with the program or for that matter thought they'd ever get a bunch of prisoners to go along with it? Good for them. I think it took original thinking and a great sales pitch on their part. LOL

Best,

Tim

Day 2
danielellis_5
View Profile
Loyal user
Sheffield
211 Posts

Profile of danielellis_5
That was great I hope they do a lot more in the furure.

Dan
Best quote from a spectator"I know how he did that,it was sleight of hand"(spectator then sits back looking pleased with himself)
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2742 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
You can view the user and see a lot of videos of them dancing.
http://youtube.com/user/byronfgarcia

Day 2
Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
wrote the theme to the TV show COPS!
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
While all that's going on, I bet five other guys are busy in their cells tunneling their way out! LOL! What perfect misdirection for a jail break! Smile

Lyndel
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2008-03-02 07:32, mrbilldentertainer wrote:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=yYp2Aloz-uE&feature=bz301

Did you know MC Hammer declared bankruptcy back in 1996?

Anyway, he struggled on. MC Hammer was in the news again recently, for starting up a new on-line social network for dance videos called http://www.DanceJam.com (which is actually up and working as we speak):

http://www.wired.com/entertainment/thewe......ost_1112

http://feedroom.businessweek.com/?fr_sto......bc48b6ff

I always liked MC Hammer. He produced songs with a danceable beat that were not laced with profanity etc.

http://mchammer.blogspot.com/

(Day 2)
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
MC Hammer is a nice guy who lives in Tracy, Ca. and works as a minister. I met him when he first started out touring because a customer service woman at my company dated the uncle that lead him to bad investments etc.. We thought he never would make it to be honest with you because he was a good guy (he is also ex Navy like me) and while he went bankrupt he's done well for years as a regular person.

Mr. Drake, you liked that dancing did ya? Did you know that the warden at the prison started it up because the excercise program didn't work and he makes them practice for hours a day with the goal being to keep them so exhuasted they are less violent? Did you know that a great many of those prisoners were charged with crimes but after more than a year have not had trials yet with none scheduled? Did you know they are forced to take part in the program and that the warden and his associates have had charged brought against them from advocate groups because of forcing the convicts to dance and that his response is the crime rate is down and if they are dancing or sleeping they can't stab each other?

They are sure entertaining though huh?
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Quote:
On 2008-03-02 15:25, MagicSanta wrote:

Mr. Drake, you liked that dancing did ya? Did you know that the warden at the prison started it up because the excercise program didn't work and he makes them practice for hours a day with the goal being to keep them so exhuasted they are less violent? Did you know that a great many of those prisoners were charged with crimes but after more than a year have not had trials yet with none scheduled? Did you know they are forced to take part in the program and that the warden and his associates have had charged brought against them from advocate groups because of forcing the convicts to dance and that his response is the crime rate is down and if they are dancing or sleeping they can't stab each other?

They are sure entertaining though huh?

Entertaining yes. The rest of your facts...um... maybe time to do your research first?

Best,

Tim

Day 2
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
I had some trouble finding it, but here is a story that talks about human rights violations at Cebu D&R C:

http://abcnews.go.com/icaught/story?id=3478161

(Day 2)
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Thanks for the real facts Balducci.

Best,

Tim

Day 2
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I saw it on 20/20 or 60 minutes or one of those news shows. Just stating what they said, hey if you endorse tormenting Philippinos I've no problem with it, to each his own.

Day 7
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I love the statement in the article how they love to sing and dance, if they picked cotton it would be perfect huh?

Day 3
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Quote:
On 2008-03-02 16:07, MagicSanta wrote:
I saw it on 20/20 or 60 minutes or one of those news shows. Just stating what they said, hey if you endorse tormenting Philippinos I've no problem with it, to each his own.

Day 7

Well you may have a point about prison abuse. I just did a search on Google for prison abuse and LOTS of info came up but as much as there was on other recent abuses there was nothing about dancing prisoners on the first google page anyway.

Best,

Tim

Day 2
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2008-03-02 15:45, Timothy Drake wrote:
Thanks for the real facts Balducci.

I'm not actually sure what the 'real facts' are in this story. I think they may be among the 'unknowable unknowns' (or whatever it was) that Rumsfield used to drone on about.

(Day 2)
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Yep.. agreed. Who knows what is real. Most views posted regards the dancing are just points of view.

I'll save my prison abuse comments to that which has been investigated by authorities from now on.

Best,

Tim

Day 2
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » They are at it again (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL