The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Derren brown..nlp...hypnosis ? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Athos
View Profile
Elite user
NADO - Mind reader
481 Posts

Profile of Athos
I don't find much interesting stuff in NLP BUT Anchoring and Switch Patterns.
NADO
«How much of a gift it would be to really know what someone is thinking of?»
- Steeve Blanchet, news anchor, TVA
«Here is someone that truly uses his powers for good.»
- David Meclomesnil, weekend radio.
Katherine Anne
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of Katherine Anne
I find waking hypnosis incredible. I find that waking hypnosis and NLP seems to cross lines more than I thought it would. There's something very powerful about having people frozen or forgetting things they should know whithout an induction involved IMHO. Smile

KA
Vincent.Lynch
View Profile
Elite user
409 Posts

Profile of Vincent.Lynch
Quote:
On 2008-03-08 23:04, Katherine Anne wrote:
I find waking hypnosis incredible. I find that waking hypnosis and NLP seems to cross lines more than I thought it would. There's something very powerful about having people frozen or forgetting things they should know whithout an induction involved IMHO. Smile

KA

I couldn't agree more. I by no means am saying it happens all the time, but when it does happen it looks like real wizard/mage powers. its real magic.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2008-03-09 09:07, Vincent.Lynch wrote:
Quote:

KA

I couldn't agree more. I by no means am saying it happens all the time, but when it does happen it looks like real wizard/mage powers. its real magic.

I guess my problem lies with the times it does NOT WORK. Which is more often than not.

You really look dumb when it does not work. To me it is risk vs. reward.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Vincent.Lynch
View Profile
Elite user
409 Posts

Profile of Vincent.Lynch
Quote:
On 2008-03-09 13:08, Dannydoyle wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

KA

I guess my problem lies with the times it does NOT WORK. Which is more often than not.

Depends how you measure it. If you measure it per person its very different than measuring it per 10minute time limit.
Katherine Anne
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Quote:
On 2008-03-09 13:13, Vincent.Lynch wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

KA

Depends how you measure it. If you measure it per person its very different than measuring it per 10minute time limit.

Right. And also I like to do these types of effects on people that I know will respond well. And if it doesn't work I just shrug it off and move onto something else...when it doesn't work, people don't remember it. Just a personal opinion, I think the risk is well worth it. If it doesn't work, oh well, and move onto a 100% effect to really wow them again. Smile
Vincent.Lynch
View Profile
Elite user
409 Posts

Profile of Vincent.Lynch
Quote:
On 2008-03-09 22:17, Katherine Anne wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

KA

Right. And also I like to do these types of effects on people that I know will respond well. And if it doesn't work I just shrug it off and move onto something else...when it doesn't work, people don't remember it. Just a personal opinion, I think the risk is well worth it. If it doesn't work, oh well, and move onto a 100% effect to really wow them again. Smile

How do you know someone is going to work well?
psychicturtle
View Profile
Special user
UK
821 Posts

Profile of psychicturtle
Wonder words vol.2 - heart type personality.
Katherine Anne
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Quote:
On 2008-03-10 06:42, Vincent.Lynch wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

KA

I use suggestibility tests that transition into mentalist effects if they don't work out. Smile
Vincent.Lynch
View Profile
Elite user
409 Posts

Profile of Vincent.Lynch
Quote:
On 2008-03-10 12:01, Katherine Anne wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-03-10 06:42, Vincent.Lynch wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

KA

I use suggestibility tests that transition into mentalist effects if they don't work out. Smile

Katherine Anne: Very good Smile

Psychicturtle: (Aka tom), I heard you mention this idea of personality types helps asses hypnotizability in blackpool. I would like to know more about your experiences of this. I akindel the heart shape personality to be like an orally fixated individual in freudian psychology. but I researched this and discovered studies on hypnotizing psychodynamic types found no increased suggestibility in any group. I'm deffinetly open to exploration on the matter, let me hear your thoughts.
WillBox
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of WillBox
To answer the original post, I think that Derren is sometimes using NLP techniques (although I would prefer to use 'general psychology' in terms of association and suggestion) and sometimes pretending to. The colour-blind routine in question for example - I believe he used basic NLP to confuse her and lead her to admitting confusion about the colours (as this was heavily suggested). However, for the final shot where she genuinely believed her car changed colour, I beleive this was a post-hypnotic response.

On the Simon Pegg BMX routine, I believe that the 'explanation' provided was just misdirection and it wasnt NLP at all. Similarly, the subliminal advertising routine, was pure misdirection and its curious how many people still use that as an example of the 'power of subliminals'.
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1982 Posts

Profile of The Mac
Yes a post hypnotic suggestion which was edited out. Good ol derren.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Derren brown..nlp...hypnosis ? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL