The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » LUNA by Outlaw-Effects (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4451 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
The latest from Rick and Friends is LUNA, the Colney Hatch Mental Hospital Patient registry.

• If you read the ad from Outlaw Effects' website, you'll get a better description than I can give. Everything is true, and they'll hit all the fine points that I'd miss. You can consider that a real review of the product, because the website is dead-on.

• The book is high quality, done up to be 72 years old. Looks it, feels it, obviously NOT a mint copy of anything, but continually rescued thru the years to finally end up in your hands.

• Learning is surprisingly easy. They've subtly made your work very easy. No forces, peeks, etc.

• Can be played an infinite number of ways. The phrase 'Limited only to your imagination' is true here.

• They have incorporated 'webs' to the coding (I'm inventing terms here) so that you can go from one item to the next, or perhaps perceive symptoms of one patient, and the cause of those symptoms might be discovered to be the next door patient.

• Very easy to seem accurate as you reveal items from their lives that aren't in the book...these will be believed because you also reveal impressions that ARE correct. The audience will assume hits on the traits/occurrances that they have no way of authenticating, because of the correctness of the ones that they can authenticate.

In my opinion, well worth the money, well done, well thought out, well executed. If you want to exhibit the possession of real psychic talent, this one will do it for you, and let you play all you want along the way. Very versatile.

I give it a 5 out of 5, a 10 out of 10, 2 Swamis up, However you like: It's what Rick and Dr Todd promised. More kudos for Outlaw. They're still going strong.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5090 Posts

Profile of Roth
Thank you Tom!
I want to clarify this little piece here from Toms review:

•" Very easy to seem accurate as you reveal items from their lives that aren't in the book...these will be believed because you also reveal impressions that ARE correct. The audience will assume hits on the traits/occurrances that they have no way of authenticating, because of the correctness of the ones that they can authenticate."

Everything in the book that they see, IS revealed, accurately. What Tom is eluding to are additional aspects of the "storytelling".

Additional "pieces" of their lives that are woven into your presentation, and correspond perfectly to what the spec is seeing.

Luna has more information that can be revealed than any other book out there.

Once again, the beauty of Outlaw book tests is they allow the performer to step out of the box and use their skills as performers to create a true experience for their audience.

Thanks again Tom for taking the time to do this very nice review.

Rick
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1976 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
Thanks Tom! Rick and I worked hard on this product, particularly on the options for presentation...I am very pleased that you like it!
Chad C.
View Profile
Inner circle
1522 Posts

Profile of Chad C.
Just a quick reminder - this is also being reviewed and discussed over in the Penny's section. I shall not say a whole lot here as I have said much over there. I will, however, say this - Everyone interested in booktest, predictions, dark and bizarre routines, really cool old books, etc. should get this! It's really good!

Chad
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3362 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
Thanks for the heads up
Cards never lie
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » LUNA by Outlaw-Effects (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL