The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Capped. What do you guys think? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

The Whisperer
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of The Whisperer
Hey Guys
I'm new here to the forum, but no newcomer to magic. I have been performing magic as a hobbyist for 13 years and I hope to take my magic to the next level sooner or later and become a serious professional working magician. I am always thrilled when I discover a new idea or method for an effect, and that's what I want to discuss here.

Capped
Since I am often out and about performing on the streets, I never leave home without my cap, as a matter of fact, I even wear it inside the house. It seems impossible for me not to use my cap for an effect. Anyway I have developed a new idea for an effect which I want to talk about here and see what you guys think. It isn't for purchase as I haven't spoken to marketers....almost impossible to do here and it might not be worthy for the market today.

So what is Capped?
Effect:
A card is freely selected, signed and lost in the pack. After various attempts to find the card and failing the performer empty handed reaches into his cap and removes the spectator's signed card.

A few things to note on this effect (IMPORTANT):
The magician never goes near his cap during the performance (not even close).
His hands are shown empty ALWAYS.
The spectator can remove the card from the cap
Any hat or cap can be used
AND ANYTHING CAN APPEAR IN THE CAP: a signed coin or any small object... NO DUPES

So there it is my personal favorite, I use all the time and fry all my friends.
Please tell me what you think and I would love to get some feedback from some more experienced magicians.
Remember this is a new idea that I use!
Thanks for your time.

Sh3ldon Out.
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Any testers or reviewers for this? I wear a cap all the time, this is of interest to me.
The Whisperer
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of The Whisperer
Well I haven't had any testers or reviewers for this effect yet as I am the only one who knows of THIS EFFECT using the method. I Really need to get a trustworthy magician to look at it and tell me what they think. I think I might just put up a video and then you guys can see for yourself what it looks like. I presume most younger magician's will find this more of interest than some of the older ones. The effect is exactly how it sounds. If you have any questions regarding any part of the effect PM me and I will answer.
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3433 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
If you do put up a video;

Use a steady camera. (No Mtv music video stuff.)

Have adequate lighting. (Everything looks good in the dark!)

No music. (Most often "Headbanger" music has no relation to the effect.)

Just present the effect.

FWIW

Cheers! Smile
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
bryanlonden
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
583 Posts

Profile of bryanlonden
I'd definitely be interested in this, as I wear a hat like all the time.

Question....are we to assume the hat is on the performer's head the whole time, then he reaches in and pulls out the card?
NEW Conscious clothing to inspire yourself and others.

http://www.thisisdivisions.com
The Whisperer
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of The Whisperer
Hey bryanlonden to answer your question yes the hat is on his head the whole time, until the very end where he reaches for the hat empty handed and takes it off. He then shows the audience inside only to find the signed card facedown or faceup or folded if you want (depends on your style).
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1995 Posts

Profile of Titanas
Hi Sh3ldon,
This sounds like a very good effect. Maybe you would also like to have a look at Nefesch's DVD set "The Magic Of Nefesch" where he has a very visual routine of a borrowed objects to cap. Actually the conditions are identical.
Best,
Titanas
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
The Whisperer
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of The Whisperer
Hey titanasgr
Did you help in making the DVD set? I am interested in knowing whether or not the methodology is the same as mine, although I may have to purchase this. I find it very hard to believe we have the same method though, I can't go into detail without revealing anything. What is the effect called?
Cheers
Sh3ldon
The Whisperer
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of The Whisperer
Hey titanasgr
I looked it up and I know the answer to my questions. I will PM you later about my effect.
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1995 Posts

Profile of Titanas
PMed you back,
Titanas
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1995 Posts

Profile of Titanas
After talking with Sheldon,
We both have found out the that the method he uses is a part of the method of the entire routine of Nefesch's CAPture effect.
I wouldn't advise him to release an effect that someone else has already used in the past and also performed on International TV.
Best,
Titanas
The Whisperer
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of The Whisperer
Hey I think you may be right Titanas, but our presentation is rather different. I will still put up a video after I have your consent (you must tell me what you think first) just to show you guys a great effect! Trust me if Nefesch's effect is anything like mine your definitely in for a treat and I would certainly recommend this effect, it could probably sell on it's own and you get more than just that on his DVD. Keep watching though I have many other effects up my sleeve...literally.
Sh3ldon
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Capped. What do you guys think? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL