The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Coin bends (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

meco
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of meco
I would like to include a coin bend in one of my routines and I currently know one whitch involves a pre-bent coin. How would one go about bending a 50 cent piece?

Thanks,
Chris
Grant Horton
View Profile
New user
Texas
51 Posts

Profile of Grant Horton
I'm fairly sure I'm allowed to post an answer. Not really a directly "magic" question or exposure...

Well I doubt a 50 cent piece is much different from any other coin currency except in size. For quarters and such I have used two pairs of pliers. Or one vice grip, and a pair of pliers. Its best to first wrap the coin or tool's teeth in a cloth or something soft of some kind to prevent marks on the coin. Get a grip on opposite ends of the coin and bend away. If you already have a table vice that might work better than the vice grip. Anyways, this has worked for my quarters numerous times.
Art190
View Profile
Elite user
447 Posts

Profile of Art190
Chris, there are also gimmicks that will allow you to bend the coin at ANY moment you want. You can hand out a regular half dollar, take it back and bend it. I am not sure if you knew this already but just thought I'd mention it.

Art
magicxman
View Profile
Regular user
142 Posts

Profile of magicxman
I don't think there is a gimmick can bend a half dollar ! Please pm me if you know one. thanks
Mithrandir
View Profile
Regular user
Long Island N.Y.
111 Posts

Profile of Mithrandir
Going on what Grant said, try putting the coin between two pieces of wood before putting it in the vice or whatever because it's still possible to mark the coin when using a cloth.
meco
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of meco
Magicxman, there are TONS of gimmicks out there that bend coins, I don't own any and in the effect, they "feel the coin bending" in there hands, it will probably be the only coin bending effect I do, so I would probably not use it more than once.
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
Oregon City Oregon, Oregon
2473 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
Quote:
On 2008-03-12 20:36, meco wrote:
Magicxman, there are TONS of gimmicks out there that bend coins,

He isn't stating that he doesn't think there are gimmicks that can bend coins in general, but specifically stating about a fifty cent piece.

Seems that he is also open to correction if someone wants to PM him with such a gimmick.

RevJohn
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Coin bends (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL