The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Mark & Nani Wilson "Allakazam Hat" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
WayneNZ
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1013 Posts

Profile of WayneNZ
Paul is a good guy.

I'm sure He will respond in here.
cardone
View Profile
Special user
860 Posts

Profile of cardone
I know he is a good guy but I don't think they thought this one through all the way .... If you bought this one to collect you would be a bit mad and If you bought this one to perform ...mad that more people will have one now . thoughts
dking66
View Profile
Loyal user
261 Posts

Profile of dking66
I agree with the posts. And... I contacted Paul to express me disappointment and opinion. He did not share my opinion. However, he did offer to give me a total refund for my purchase of the original Hat. I accepted.
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3623 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
Wow- that is great to hear! I will be on the phone today! Thanks!

Jim

Refund in money, or in purchases?
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
3623 Posts

Quote:
On 2009-11-23 23:46, dking66 wrote:
I agree with the posts. And... I contacted Paul to express me disappointment and opinion. He did not share my opinion. However, he did offer to give me a total refund for my purchase of the original Hat. I accepted.

Yes, the same for me. Paul was a gentleman, as always, but does not see an issue...

Jim
dking66
View Profile
Loyal user
261 Posts

Profile of dking66
Agreed, Jim. Other than this issue, I have nothing but good things to say about Hocus-Pocus and Paul Gross. He is indeed a gentleman. However, I was surprised and disappointed with the announcement of the forthcoming second series Allakazam Hat. There are no hard feelings... and Paul and I (along with several others who posted above) must agree to disagree. That said, Paul was very generous to offer a full refund... and I certainly appreciate it.
Doug
dking66
View Profile
Loyal user
261 Posts

Profile of dking66
Some folks have PM'd me asking for Paul's reasoning on this. I will not put words into his mouth... but will rather allow him to respond here, if he so likes. All I can say is that he did respond... and very kindly.
Doug
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17161 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
Actually it is a different issue of a different size prop , so those who bought the originals still have an unique collectible. They are not re-issuing the original, and there is enough difference to justify the different price and still keep the original valuable as a collectible. I collect a lot of magic stuff and first issues are always worth more than later issues.
Paul will have not trouble selling the originals if you get your money back. Lots of folks wanted one of those, and I bet they are still in demand. Plus, Paul can probably sell it for more now.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
cardone
View Profile
Special user
860 Posts

Profile of cardone
Performing a trick that only a handful have is part of the reason I bought mine . I can't imagine if they said "an exact copy that is a bit smaller is coming out in a year" ....the sound of that makes it sounds not so special anymore . The money back thing didn't satisfy me at all ...I use mine in my shows so sending it back was no option . He contacted me about sending it back too .. very nice of him to do so ...but The next time they make something special ... I will have very different opinion about how they go about business . Anyone else have this same feeling ?
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
3623 Posts

Well, certainly I do, Cardone. But it is my understanding only 3 complaints were received about this issue, all generated by the Café forums, so I guess most people don't care. It's a bit like that with everything these days, no?

Jim
cardone
View Profile
Special user
860 Posts

Profile of cardone
I think you are right Jim ...
rklew64
View Profile
Inner circle
1265 Posts

Profile of rklew64
OMFG, this is like watching a Seinfeld episode, get the refund and move on. Not the end of the world.
Lordy. okay feel better just to say.
And yes everyone is entitled to express their opinion, concern and comments. I guess I'm just getting intolerant of things in my old age, I think that will be my schtick - the crabby grumpy non PC magician.
Whewww.
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
3623 Posts

Quote:
On 2009-11-26 00:21, rklew64 wrote:
OMFG, this is like watching a Seinfeld episode, get the refund and move on. Not the end of the world.
Lordy. okay feel better just to say.
And yes everyone is entitled to express their opinion, concern and comments. I guess I'm just getting intolerant of things in my old age, I think that will be my schtick - the crabby grumpy non PC magician.
Whewww.

Well, you're off to a good start! Do us all a favor, yourself included, and just avoid the thread...
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4207 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Wonder if the New Allakazam hat is now small enough to produce out of the old Allakazam Hat?

A third EVEN smaller limited edition would make for a very interesting set Smile
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
3623 Posts

So, I should keep my hat? A great point, Eddie, which makes me wonder if this and the "Little Man" thread will someday merge...
Acecardician
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1390 Posts

Profile of Acecardician
I was very excited when the limited edition came out. I got it as a performance piece, and when it did not suit my style, I held on to it as an investment.
I just saw that new smaller Hat. I was shocked and amazed they would make more! It does not seem fair. Now if I try to resell my original one, people might just compared it to the little one, or want to get the little one for half price.
I never did get to use it in a show.
And I already lost $50 on postage, so I would have to sell mine for $549.95 PLUS postage just to break even.
I think this is like reprinting US currency. You can actually print US currency and it will not be counterfeiting if it is a certain percent smaller than the original.
Whatever. I can say I am disappointed. This will stay in a box in the back of my closet, I guess. When I die I guess they will give it to my grandkids to tear apart.

ACE
Acecardician
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1390 Posts

Profile of Acecardician
If someone is seriously interested in getting one of the original ones, pm me.

ACE
cardone
View Profile
Special user
860 Posts

Profile of cardone
I also have one I think I'm going to sell
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Mark & Nani Wilson "Allakazam Hat" (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL