The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Fire Deck? or Fire Cards? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

cbmar
View Profile
Loyal user
234 Posts

Profile of cbmar
Anyone familiar with this trick? I saw it for sale on ebay (bidding now closed) but can't seem to track it down on any magic sites. It's called alternately "Fire Deck" or "Fire Cards". Here's the description they give...

"Magician removes a pack of playing cards from the case.
He opens the box and FIRE FLAMES SHOOT OUT from the box.!
He blows out the flames, removes the normal deck of cards and begins his card routines. This ultra gimmick fits in any card pack."

Any thoughts on this thing? Does it look good? Does it really look like the flames are coming OUT OF the box, rather than FROM BEHIND?
Papasmurf
View Profile
Special user
NW Ont Canada
540 Posts

Profile of Papasmurf
I am not familiar with this fire effect but I am sure you can get the same effect with flash paper in the box and an ignitor.
As far as ignitors go the simplist is a striker from a lighter palmed or reeled. I also use Jim Paces's Ignitor and Pyrofreak 02 to ignite flashpaper. I have ordered Sharpie FIRE point Marker for a more direct approach (wand style) to igniting the flash paper, cotton, or string.
Now if you want a long lasting flame that is a whole other story and the deck is probably gimicked the same way as fire books, wallets, coin purses etc.
If that is the case then the deck is not examinable.

Please be careful when playing with fire, especially with flamable materials like cardboard boxes.

hope this helps,

Eric
Brian S. Tanner
View Profile
Regular user
161 Posts

Profile of Brian S. Tanner
Check out Wanna Flash at http://www.ahouseoffire.com You must be of legal age to purchase. Please use caution when using fire.

Hope that this helps,
Brian
Judge:How do you plead?
<BR>Defendant:I plead insanity.
<BR>Judge:Insanity?
<BR>Defendant:Yep. I'm just crazy about that stuff!
DonHarlan
View Profile
Loyal user
Richmond, VA
296 Posts

Profile of DonHarlan
Have you ever looked into the inviso torch by jim pace? you could make "anything" appear to have fire come from it, also you end clean which is always a plus.
“Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business.”-Tom Robbins
<BR>
<BR>“One man's "magic" is another man's engineering".-Robert A. Heinlein
Jim Pace
View Profile
V.I.P.
Portland Oregon
556 Posts

Profile of Jim Pace
"The drum that beats the loudest is always the most hollow."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Fire Deck? or Fire Cards? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL