The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magicians of old » » Al Flosso video (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
I was at Dollar Tree the other day and found a vhs video called, "The Best of the Ed Sullivan Show - Ed's Outrageous Moments".

I was pleased to find a segment of Al Flosso doing the Miser's Dream with Ed playing the part of the boy. I had never seen that particular clip before.

In addition, there were several other very fun acts, including a really cool performance by some contortionists, incorporating "The Lean". There were also a couple of spoof magic/mentalism bits, too.

The video was produced by Goodtimes Entertainment, but I believe they have gone out of business (or changed their name). I could not locate them.

Nice find for a buck!
~michael baker
The Magic Company
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2719 Posts

Profile of sethb
Ah, Michael, some guys have all the luck!

I did find some information about GoodTimes Entertainment, click HERE to view. It's not clear whether they're still in business.

If my memory serves me right, they issued a number of the Our Gang/Little Rascals comedies on DVD, and also had a colorized (but pretty good) version of the 1934 feature film, "Babes in Toyland," with Laurel and Hardy. SETH
"Watch the Professor!!" -- Al Flosso (1895-1976)
"The better you are, the closer they watch" -- Darwin Ortiz, STRONG MAGIC
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Hi Seth,

Thanks for finding that info. I think there was a second copy of the video at the store, so I may go by there tomorrow and see.

~michael
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17161 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
Thanks for the lead Michael, I'll try to find that video. Flosso is one of my all time favorites, loved his style.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magicians of old » » Al Flosso video (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL