The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » SlipStream (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3631 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
Quote:
On 2008-04-11 02:59, THEGUY26 (Will Swanson) wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-04-03 13:47, BenSalinas wrote:
I've been playing with Slipstream all day and I've already come up with several variations and new ideas.

I seriously hope you don't put them on a Magic Makers DVD.

heh, well.... I didn't say it, but I won't say I didn't think it =D
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
It sho made me wunder!
BenSalinas
View Profile
Special user
Coinoscenti
746 Posts

Profile of BenSalinas
Hey Reed!
I messed with Slipstream for 3 hours on a plane this weekend! I threw in some of Troy's Coinfusion ideas and now I'm working on a version of Curtis' Beijing Coins Across. Such cool stuff! I'm picking up a another set from John tonite.

Ben S
Your Friendly Neighborhood Coin Flinger

www.SalinasMagic.com

The Modern Coin Magic blog
www.ModernCoinMagic.com
Spydur
View Profile
Special user
PDX, now San Diego...back to PDX
966 Posts

Profile of Spydur
Eric,

Regarding your typo, perhaps if you didn't try to type while doing the coin roll out you would have less errors.

Hahahaha

Corey
rutabaga
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto, Canada
1283 Posts

Profile of rutabaga
Checked out Fantasma in NYC this afternoon, and they don't have Slipstream... and Reed is coming NEXT month.... bad timing on my part Smile

Ah well.. BTW, the guys at Fantasma are great fun. Hope to get to Monday Night Magic tomorrow...
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

This sounds like a cool trick (as do all of Reed's)and sure seems priced right! I'd still like to hear more, maybe see a clip and/or a review AND be confidant that it is in no way, shape or form affiliated with Magic Makers!
tedski
View Profile
Special user
New Jersey
792 Posts

Profile of tedski
Does anyone know if this comes in dollar sized coins?
Dan McLean
View Profile
Inner circle
Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
1261 Posts

Profile of Dan McLean
Hey Eric,

I wonder if you or someone else could PM me.

My Slip Stream arrived but as luck would have it one of the gaffs was broken, the more complicated of the two. Now I can easily solve the coin part of the problem with glue but as I said this is the more elaborate of the two gaffs. I need to know exactly how the rest is put together. I have all the pieces.

If you PM my I can explain my problem in more detail. I don't want to tip anything.

Yes East Coast said they'd send me a new one but if I know exactly how the gaff is put together, I'm pretty sure I can take care of it myself.

Thanks,

D
BenSalinas
View Profile
Special user
Coinoscenti
746 Posts

Profile of BenSalinas
Mickey,
What would make you think Reed had anything to do with Magic Makers? Are you just trying to be funny and failing miserably? I think that's been addressed above.

www.SalinasMagic.com

www.ModernCoinMagic.com
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Ben,
I don't see that it's been addressed anywhere above!
No I am NOT trying to be funny as I don't find anything about Magic Makers to be funny! This is a concern of mine and I think some others (although I can only speak for myself). The reason for my query is that YOU seem to be pretty high on this effect and there hasn't been much else said by others at this point. Bottom line is that Slip Stream sounds like a great trick and Reed's rep is quite good IMO however IF it has anything to do with Magic Makers I will not be one to own it plain and simple! Just doing my due diligence.
As for me trying to be funny...... if I make an attempt at humor I try to add the "LOL" or "JK" etc but when it comes to who I do business with I am dead serious!

Mick
BenSalinas
View Profile
Special user
Coinoscenti
746 Posts

Profile of BenSalinas
Reed & Slipstream have nothing to do with Magic Makers. This is a great effect by a great guy and I was allowed to see it before it was released to the public. I am very honored by that and wanted to do my best let people know how wonderful it is.

I realize I don't post very often and it may have given you the wrong impression. This is all Reed. I hope you pick it up and support Reed!

Ben S

www.SalinasMagic.com

www.ModernCoinMagic.com
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Thank you Ben, that's good enough for me! I look forward to getting my grubby mitts on this gem!

Mick
2003 user
View Profile
Regular user
157 Posts

Profile of 2003 user
Any video demo for this ? Thanks
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Reed is one of the great talents in the magic world today and one of these nicest people on then planet!!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
qureyoon
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
275 Posts

Profile of qureyoon
Mr. Reed posted his demo in the other thread here.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » SlipStream (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL