The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Peter Samelson's Sensations Reviews (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

atucci
View Profile
Veteran user
Middleburg, Florida
381 Posts

Profile of atucci
First sold in the 1980's during Samelson's lecture tour. Approximately 120 pages and contains less than a dozen routines including Ring of Truth and New York Transpo.

Does anyone have a review for this classic?

Thanks.
Tony Tuccillo

Middleburg, Florida
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1691 Posts

Profile of Markymark
Snap it up! Seriously if you can afford it,buy it.
The two routines you mention are in his 'Theatrical Close-up' and are very good.
'New York Transpo' is a sort of fusion routine.
'Ring of truth' is a ring off string or maybe it's his larger ring on rope piece.
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
atucci
View Profile
Veteran user
Middleburg, Florida
381 Posts

Profile of atucci
Markymark - thanks for your input. I was able to buy it as I have heard from many that Samelson's presentations are well constructed and thoughtout.

I should have it next week some time and look forward to studying his material. One quesiton, you described 'New York Transpo' as a fusion routine. What do you mean when you write 'fusion'? Thanks again for you input and time.
Tony Tuccillo

Middleburg, Florida
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1691 Posts

Profile of Markymark
Hi Atucci,Good you went for it,I love that man.
I mean Fusion in the sense that 2 cards are 'fused together' in the manner of say
'Anniversary Waltz' Samelsons best known presentation 'Invasion of the Body Snatchers' [his presentation for 'Wild Card'] is I'm sure not in this but you will
love his thinking on other plots. Real 'worker' type stuff as he worked on cruise
ships for a while and had his own theatre show.
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
Gregory57
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

Profile of Gregory57
This is a great books. Also, you've probably already received your copy, but in case not, just to let you know, I double checked my copy and yes, Invasion of the Body Snatchers is in the book.
Cliff Gregory Wollin
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Peter Samelson's Sensations Reviews (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL