The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Waltzing Matilda (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mdspark
View Profile
Special user
784 Posts

Profile of mdspark
Anyone have Steve Duscheck's Waltzing Matilda? Is it good? Where can I find it?

Thanks
EddyRay
View Profile
Special user
United States Of America
525 Posts

Profile of EddyRay
I am not sure of the name of the trick, is it a dancing handkerchief in-between your hands? If so, I have one.

I got mine from the local magic shop. I believe Bob Little out of Philadelphia used to sell these but I am not positive.

Ed
Magicrma
View Profile
Regular user
Arizona
101 Posts

Profile of Magicrma
Ed you are right. Waltzing Matilda is a Bob Little effect.
As for good or not-good? Well, I use it as part of a complete dancing handkerchief routine and it works well for me. I have used it as a ghost in the pocket at times.

MagicRMA
"The art of Illusion is at least 95% applied psychology" Henning Nelms (Magic & Showmanship)
<BR>
<BR>MagicRMA
<BR>Majicrma@msn.com
EddyRay
View Profile
Special user
United States Of America
525 Posts

Profile of EddyRay
It's a really cool little effect that if used in the right situations can prove to be amazing to onlookers.

I am going to try and see if Bob still has some. Smile
mdspark
View Profile
Special user
784 Posts

Profile of mdspark
Can anyone tell me how angle sensative WM is? How far away should the audience be?
EddyRay
View Profile
Special user
United States Of America
525 Posts

Profile of EddyRay
Most angles are fine. Your audience can be 5 feet away and it will look great. Smile Good for childrens show too!
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Anyone who has seen Bob (I have it, you want it!) Little pitch this little gem of an effect, knows that it can be done right on top of people without exposing it. Bob has been selling this item for twenty years or so. In his case, almost every demo is a sale!
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
kristel
View Profile
New user
Quebec, Canada
87 Posts

Profile of kristel
I've bought an original from Bob Little more than 20 years ago and this is what is written on the paper instructions :

Waltzing Matilda is a created by Steve St. Eve
Distribution rights given to Guarranteed Magic Company Bob Little

I'm still using it in my regular show. Great reactions every time.

Andre Rancourt from Quebec Canada
Excuse my french...
Andre Le Magicien
Quebec Canada
Excuse my French...
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I hear Tenyo is making it these days. There are also copy imports from India available on line.
Anatole
View Profile
Inner circle
1912 Posts

Profile of Anatole
IIRC the gimmick used with the original Duscheck "Waltzing Matilda" is slightly different from the one sold by Bob Little. Tenyo now apparently calls it "Ballerina Hank." Does anyone know if the Tenyo gimmick was modifed in any way from Steve's original gimmick? It's hard to tell from the performance in this youtube video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8HfcVd0PKQ

----- Amado "Sonny" Narvaez
----- Sonny Narvaez
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
Having sold most of them, I always liked the gimmick on the Bob Little version than the Dushek. It also can be much more animated than the video demo. I did a Parade in Linking Ring on a novel way to start it.
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
From watching the video, I would say the gimmick is different, as a matter a fact, it is more like the U.F. Grant and Abbott gimmick. This one was to vertical in nature. If you ever have owned one, that should be apparent.

It was a nice and good handling for the stiff version, and the gimmick looks to be in the hem more like Glorpy or Hyram Hank.

Wonder if Bob Little is still making Waltzing Matilda?

http://www.sam4.org/MAGICIAN/BobLittle/index.html
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
I spoke to Bob at a conetion last year, and he has them all the time.
It does not work like Hiram or glopry.
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
MagicIan, I did not say Bob Little's Waltzing Matilda worked like Hiram or Glorpy! I said, Tenyo's demo that is on the Internet is not made like Waltzing Matilda, but is made like U.F. Grant and Abbott's Magic versions.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Waltzing Matilda (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL