The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Doing "one on one" oriented routines for a group.... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

billm55
View Profile
Regular user
Des Moines, Iowa
144 Posts

Profile of billm55
I have a number of routines that are more "one-on-one" oriented...namely, they're designed to be performed for one or two spectators. Is there a way, in general terms, to make the same routines "do-able" in an effective way for a larger group of say 20 or 30. I know it would depend on the routine. But, any general suggestions for making this kind of a transition? Sorry if this is a nebulous question for some of you.
Bill Mogolov
The Mental Magic of M
Ross
View Profile
Elite user
Bristol
479 Posts

Profile of Ross
I'd love some advice on this too. At my (strolling/walkaround)shows I tend to pick on the smaller groups, and if people start coming over or it's a bigger group I'm not sure how to involve them all.

So far I've been doing the following:

Make eye contact with everyone and talk to the group.

If the main partitipant has to pick a card (say) ask them to show it to their friends.

Try and involve as many people in the process of the routine or do something for each participant in turn, so they all at least get to be the focus once.

I'm also starting to design routines that purposely involve more people - as I'm learning that effects designed for one or one or one on two will only be really suitable for those situations!

Hope that helps a bit. I'd love to hear some more tips.

Best wishes,

Ross
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Doing "one on one" oriented routines for a group.... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL