The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » What's the difference between two of Mr. Webster's cold reading products? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

martin king
View Profile
Elite user
416 Posts

Profile of martin king
Hello to one and all,

I've been recommended by Mr Mark Lewis to purchase Mr. Richard Webster's book, 'Quick and Effective Cold Readings'

I already have Mr Webster's audio 'Commercial Cold Reading'.

What I'd like to know is what's the difference between the two products (without giving too much away as I don't want to upset Mr Webster)?

Many thanks for your replies and my warm regards to all,

Martin
Mike Baxter
View Profile
New user
Vancouver, B.C.
87 Posts

Profile of Mike Baxter
Definitely get 'Q & E Cold Reading' if you want to start reading palms.

Doug Dyment's 'Cold Front' http://www.deceptionary.com/content-p.html will illustrate details from the above book in a more succinct manner. For beginning palmistry, I would suggest them both.

Doug also has a plethora of additional resources at: http://www.deceptionary.com/aboutreading.html
ddyment
View Profile
Inner circle
Gibsons, BC, Canada
2501 Posts

Profile of ddyment
To begin, anyone truly serious about giving readings should investigate all of Richard Webster's writings. [Disclaimer: Richard is a good friend, though I do not stand to gain financially from any products that he sells.] That said, I always recommend Quick and Effective Cold Reading as the place to begin.

The first of his four audio CDs (Commercial Cold Reading) overlaps with the book somewhat. It also has a brief explanation of a simple numerology technique, plus a number of suggestions relative to the use of cold reading to embellish standard magical effects. Most importantly, it contains a recording of an actual reading, so you can listen to these techniques at work.

But of course there's much more information in a 74-page book than can be conveyed in an hour-long audio recording. If I had to give a one-sentence summary, I would say, "If you want to learn about cold reading, listen to the CD; if you want to learn to do cold reading, buy the book."

And thanks to Mike for the kind words about my own product, Cold Front, a study tool for the techniques in Richard's book.
The Deceptionary :: Elegant, Literate, Contemporary Mentalism ... and More :: (order "Calculated Thoughts" from Vanishing Inc.)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » What's the difference between two of Mr. Webster's cold reading products? (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL