The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » De'vo's Beginner False Table Cut (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mack10
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of mack10
I was really surprised by this! De'vo's first instructional was a false cut! And wasn't even really a flourish! The site says he came up with it many years ago, and used it when he was a magician. Guess he doesn't hate magicians after-all-lol It is supposed to be for beginners, but I know I will use it to death. It is really fast, and looks really cool. That guy keeps surprising me, never know what he's up to next. I can't wait for the next one! Keep up the good work!
Arellion
View Profile
New user
England
26 Posts

Profile of Arellion
Such an easy but good looking false cut.
Only problem is getting the cards to stay in packets.
mack10
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of mack10
You want to make sure you are doing it on a close up mat. I didn't have any problems, except learning how far to tip over the packet before it spreads. But I got it down now.
TheGrimReaper
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of TheGrimReaper
Yeah, not that hard, but it looks really cool. You can pretty much fool anyone with it provided its smooth enough.
Jonathan Rice
View Profile
Loyal user
Maryland
223 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Rice
You can also do it without the flip on non closeup pad surfaces and that still fools
MinnesotaChef
View Profile
Regular user
Minneapolis,MN
176 Posts

Profile of MinnesotaChef
Fanning powder will help the packets stay together.
"Great restaurants are, of course, nothing but brothels.There is no point in going into them if one intends to keep one's belt buckled."- Fredric Raphael
Lonnie Dilan
View Profile
Special user
Canyon Country, California
823 Posts

Profile of Lonnie Dilan
Practice makes the packets stay together. Not fanning powder. Use Fanning powder when you are doing really hard stuff.
XFactor
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of XFactor
My question is why would you use fanning powder to hold the packets together? Sure it'll be easier, but it doesn't match to real procedures in real life.

XFactor
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » De'vo's Beginner False Table Cut (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL