The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Logan's Reviews : Vincenzo's Division (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Logan
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of Logan
Alrighty, I must admit, I am a little scared to state my opinion, due to all the fuss that happened at Flip's, but I'm going to do it anyway...

Ok, first and foremost I would like to thank Vincenzo for letting me be a reviewer of his product, alright, on with the review:

I am the type of person that looks for the best in every product I receieve because I truly feel that someone wouldn't sell something if it wasn't worth while doing so...but I am wrong sometimes, I just hope now isn't one of them.

This effect is basically an effect where the top half of the performer appears to be floating at one end of a blind and the legs seen floating at the other after being 'divided' by a laser.

This is a very cool idea and Vincenzo took it head on!

What I like about this effect is the illusion it gives off - it's VERY convincing, I fooled myself, seeing my top half float! There are cons though, but I shall get to that later.

The gaff that we are taught to make, well, the first one, is very simple and you'll get it done in 5 minutes. The other gaff takes some time and is rather tricky...but thankfully, all the items you need are found in your house - I believe that's a true PLUS point.

The instructions were well written and to the point. The illustrations are pretty cute and remind me of South Park somewhat - but more importantly, the graphics do their job.

The idea of using a laser adds the fun to using this illusion as you can go on about 'laser surgery' and how magic has been modernised and there is no need for that big bad blade anymore, so that's pretty neat.

Vincenzo provides proper credit where it is due, good job!

Now, what I don't like about it.

There is lack of realism with the floating legs. I don't want to give away too much, but all I'm going to say is that it doesn't look very convincing - and if I'm not mistaken, Vincenzo identified that as a weakness. I have come up with an improvement for it and I shall send the details to Vincenzo, hopefully it will help him out.

Another thing I don't like about it is that you need that blind. Now, it IS a stage effect after all so there's nothing I can do about that but I'm more of a close up performer, but I've always loved stage! Because of this, I have tweaked the method and applied the gaff so that it can be done on street and almost close up - but it looks alot like Mayne's 'Pocket Sawing In Half' which, I'm sure, Vincenzo doesn't want - so that's ok, it's only for my use then! Although with the use of his gaff, it looks more convincing than Mayne's, I saw Mayne's and it looks abit iffy!

I was rather disappointed that I couldn't do it on street, as stated, but as I said, I've come up with my own method.

As to whether or not the gaff is identical to Mayne's I don't know, I don't have 'Pocket Sawing in Half' so I can't really say anything on that topic.

And as already stated, the price is too much for such an effect, the most he should be charging is about $15.00 AT MOST.

---------------------------------------

I think Vincenzo should get some credit because this is the closest thing on the market, that I've seen, to DC's 'Laser' which is pretty darn cool Smile

Vincenzo is a creative and ambitious inventor of magic and I appreciate all the hard work he puts into his creations! Good job Vincenzo!

I give this product:

8 out of 10

It can be improved and hopefully, it will be.

All the best,

Logan

P.S. No bashing please Smile
You've been hit by, you've been struck by, a smooth criminal.

Singapore's Hairiest Corporate Comedy Magician!
Hengky Ciptanegara
View Profile
Veteran user
Indonesia
389 Posts

Profile of Hengky Ciptanegara
Any bad angles for this effect?
What is the minimum distance?

Hengky
Vincenzo
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
215 Posts

Profile of Vincenzo
Minimum distance... 6 feet?
Angles... Not directly beside you or behind you, unless you have a second blind behind you.
Visa... No, no visa. However it will be distributed to magic dealers very soon.
-Vincenzo
Hengky Ciptanegara
View Profile
Veteran user
Indonesia
389 Posts

Profile of Hengky Ciptanegara
Logan,

I agree with you.
On the video the bottom half of the body is not convincing.

Hengky
Vincenzo
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
215 Posts

Profile of Vincenzo
Logan sent me an idea to solve the problem stated above and in Flips review.
It's really good and will be immediatly added to the manuscript!
-Vincenzo
eebie376
View Profile
Elite user
415 Posts

Profile of eebie376
LOGAN YOU FOOL! Just playing man. I only didn't like Flip's review because it seemed to me that some was cutting down the product/exposing, but that is over now. He is entitled to his opinion!

Good review!!

Ian
Ben721
View Profile
Veteran user
314 Posts

Profile of Ben721
Well, I certainly at least from this video demo, do not think I will be buying this trick. At least not for 20.00 dollars. The floating torso is pretty nice looking, but the pants just didn't do anything for me at all. I am pretty sure that I know how the pants floated, and it just didn't seem as steller as I thought it would be.
Check out my new effect "As Good As It Gets" a gimmickles pencil or pen through bill effect. It closely mimmicks the slow motion phase of "Misled." About "As Good AS It Gets" for no gimmicks and everything being borrowed.
http://www.magic-notes.com/th
Vincenzo
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
215 Posts

Profile of Vincenzo
The torso and the legs can float out furthur, but we didn't want people to figure it out easily, so Ian didn't make them float out as far in the demo.
-Vincenzo
Logan
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of Logan
As for the topic on the legs, let's wait till Vincenzo tries out the new method which I proposed which will make the legs very much more realistic.

Vincenzo, I trust you'll post your opinion about the new method and whether it works well here?

All the best and thanx guys,

Logan
You've been hit by, you've been struck by, a smooth criminal.

Singapore's Hairiest Corporate Comedy Magician!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Logan's Reviews : Vincenzo's Division (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL