The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Pendragons on AGT 3. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
GreatWizardoftheEast
View Profile
Regular user
Knoxville, TN
124 Posts

Profile of GreatWizardoftheEast
First, why would Criss Angel even want to do AGT, he has his own TV show. David Copperfield is established and has had dozens of network tv specials. The reason the Pendragons, Nathan Burton, Kevin James and others are on AGT is because it's network TV exposure plain and simple. There is the risk of looking bad, there is the risk of having the judges embarass you. But there is the chance, as in Nathan's situation that you make it pretty far into the competition. And Nathan got his own Vegas Show out of it. Unlike other Vegas shows that have trouble filling seats (Rick Thomas, Dirk Arthur, Worlds Greatest Magic, Gerry McCambridge to name a few) Nathan's show is usually packed. Why? People know him from TV.
The Pendragons have not really been on network TV in years. They need a boost, and it's smart marketing on their part to take the shot. Winning on Americas Got Talent is not near as important as the exposure. And good or bad, people forget what you did. But you can always use the 'Appeared on Americas Got Talent' in your promotional materials.
Harold White
Mad Jack
View Profile
Regular user
195 Posts

Profile of Mad Jack
I hate to say it, but I don't think people remember you being on TV for very long either. Ask 100 people on the street who won Phenomenon, and you'll probably hear 98 of them say "What's Phenomenon?" Jonathan and Charlotte have done countless tv shows, of which I think AGT would be the least respected. If all their other appearances haven't "made them", I don't think AGT will either. If they need a boost, they should find a way to have their own TV special where they can make themselves look the way they want to look. I predict that (unfortunately) they will come out of AGT looking bad somehow.

Just my random thoughts,

MJ
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
My good friend and illusionist Dan Stapleton just sent me a promo and he is in the spot. I didn't see pendragons in the promo. I was wondering when the call backs had come. Dan said he shot his spot four weeks ago in L.A.. Anyone else perform?
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
Quote:
On 2008-04-27 12:08, Mad Jack wrote:
I hate to say it, but I don't think people remember you being on TV for very long either. Ask 100 people on the street who won Phenomenon, and you'll probably hear 98 of them say "What's Phenomenon?"

MJ

What's Phenomenon?
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
Mad Jack
View Profile
Regular user
195 Posts

Profile of Mad Jack
My point exactly! Thank you!

LOL.....

MJ
NFox
View Profile
Inner circle
I Do Mentalism Now?!
1101 Posts

Profile of NFox
Quote:
On 2008-04-07 09:02, WagsterMagic wrote:
Does anybody remember the first year of the show?

An "11"! year old girl won 1 million big ones against Nathan Burton!

It doesn't matter if you are just starting or a pro. And in the end the producers pick who they like better anyway.

Look into that girl and you'll see that she was no struggling amateur either. I can't remember all of the details, but I seem to remember her having a record contract prior to going on the show.

Look, we all should revel in this show simply because we are in a similar line of work. We create illusions and so do they. In the end it's all about creating the best show possible.

-Nick
"Obscuring Reality"- Gone but not forgotten...

FoxIllusions.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Pendragons on AGT 3. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL