The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » ::SWB:: auto writing board. hear anything?? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Gede Nibo
View Profile
Inner circle
2447 Posts

Profile of Gede Nibo
AS ALWAYS tis a case of "ones mans junk..."

further, its all bout presentation.

also, its just as awkward (or not) as standing there with a biz card, asking the spec. to name the number they chose, (pause) then turning over the card to reveal. some specs might say "why don't YOU tell me what I chose"
yep.
happened to me at a gig the last week.
not that I never thought of it before, but having it happen real time was a real bugger.
so I killed him.
gotta new skull , though.

anyhow, in a seance situation, or something akin to this, the envelope could "slide in" almost unoticed.....could be used as a kind of "control" where "hands off" is the thing enforced.....its in an out of the way, and Oh my gosh how could there be writing on it now...

so, all in all, I think the envelope, though a handicap, could be molded into something not even remembered by the victim...especially if they smoke herbs...

whatever. cant afford it anyway...

peace......
CinChiller
View Profile
Elite user
Germany
404 Posts

Profile of CinChiller
The blurb sounds so nice, but after watching the video it seems indeed very obviously what really happens.
The Gaff Book Collection - the right tool for your booktest.
Music for mentalism and psychic entertainment.
Visit: http://stores.lulu.com/dankworth01
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Hmm... I'll stick with my House of Darkness ones....
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
The Eye of Ynot

Along with three others, I went on one of my periodic visits to the home of Reverend Black. As I have recounted earlier, he is the subject of much gossip and speculation in the magick and occult community here.

This visit was in preparation for the series of books I’m penning on some of his work. My 3 companions were from the publishing house and were there to get an impression of Anton before signing any contract.

The conversations covered all areas of magick and mediumship. Lou, the most inquisitive of the group asked the difference between psychic scrying and magickal means of divination. Black was more than willing to demonstrate, demon-strate would be a more appropriate term, but I get ahead of myself.

Black retrieved a slate, cleaned it with a damp sponge so that it was a shiny black surface and placed it on the table around which we all sat.

He said, “In scrying, we look at a surface such as this, allow our eyes to see through it, as it into another dimension, another reality, and allow images to form within our eyes and minds.”

He continued with, “But in the magick world we don’t try to peek into other places, we call those from beyond here and ask them directly.”

Next he began to chant while looking at the slate that lay before us all on the table, “Ilasa dial pereta! soba vaupaahe cahisa nanuba zodixalayo dodasihe od berinuta faxisa hubaro tasataxa yolasa: soba Iad I Vonupehe o Uonupehe: aladonu dax ila od toatare! Zodacare od Zodameranu! Odo cicale Qaa! Zodoreje, lape zodiredo Noco Mada, hoathahe Ynot!”

Slowly the image of any eye began to form covering the entire slate, the eye of Ynot. Black then asked if we had any questions. My companions were in such a state that they could not speak.

The chant was reminiscent of the the Seventeenth Enochian Key, but that is all I can say on this matter. I fear to go any further, you never know who (or what) is watching...

I am now looking for a new publisher as the previous one will not return my calls. Smile

Tony
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
For those that are considering this and I am, here's how to get around the secret stuff right in front of them: You take a sticker and place it on the outside of the envelope and ask them for their name and then your write it on the sticker. What you've already done is have a sticker with their name on it so you pretend to write it as you do the secret stuff.

Later on you can remove the sticker and use the envelope again... since the sticker is just covered with restickable glue.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
A sure sign of a misspent youth:
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
Tony, very nice!

Greg, nice idea!

Bill
Author of THE HOLY ART: Bizarre Magick From Naljorpa's Cave. NOW IN HARDCOVER! VIEW: <BR>www.lulu.com/content/1399405 ORDER: http://stores.lulu.com/naljorpa
<BR>A TASSEL ON THE LUNATIC FRINGE
Gede Nibo
View Profile
Inner circle
2447 Posts

Profile of Gede Nibo
Quote:
On 2008-04-20 13:18, Greg Arce wrote:
For those that are considering this and I am, here's how to get around the secret stuff right in front of them: You take a sticker and place it on the outside of the envelope and ask them for their name and then your write it on the sticker. What you've already done is have a sticker with their name on it so you pretend to write it as you do the secret stuff.

Later on you can remove the sticker and use the envelope again... since the sticker is just covered with restickable glue.

Greg

Now that opens up some vessels of thought...nice....not so much for Bizarre, perhaps, but would be perfect for Mentalist works..........hmm...

or

you could get one of those fake hands and make it appear youre holding it with both an then do your thang. kidding.

or

you could hide a little person in your overcoat, and let him do it. not kidding.

and as far as the video being all too "telling" we gotta remember WE are MAGE, and we are bound to look for the SKINNY; knowing as we do the basis of this Idea as soon as we push "play" on the demo.....nevermind the fact that we can rewind it over and over.....the spec, however will be bombarded with our words and the "magical" situation as a whole; remember our job (especially in executing mis****tion) is to bombard their senses and turn them into mush. arguably we seek to hypnotize them into what we want them to experience. kinda like the guy on TV right now sitting in a staduim for baseball players. Smile

I think any of us could easily employ the proper enviroment to allow us to do the dirty dirty.....but yes, for Bizzarrists, the envelope seems a lil weird......but again that's what our storytelling is for......

Ba Sunny
Gede Nibo
View Profile
Inner circle
2447 Posts

Profile of Gede Nibo
Frakin' nevermind!!!!!!! Tony just PM'd me the Holy Grail of this premise!

and no, he aint gon' give it to you. it cost me 25 chicken skulls, and a box of Montecristo cigars.....

thanx Tone!

Baba
Seth speaks
View Profile
Inner circle
New Mexico
1250 Posts

Profile of Seth speaks
Baba,

by never mind, do you mean that you don't want the board anymore?

Seth
Gede Nibo
View Profile
Inner circle
2447 Posts

Profile of Gede Nibo
NAH I would love the board. but since I'm broke, I'm glad to have another, equally working, yet different premise to use...call it the po' man's SWB.....and its nuttin to do with (how I think) this board works.........
Atticus R. Cane
View Profile
Regular user
since Mar 15, 2007 and still only
181 Posts

Profile of Atticus R. Cane
I dug around some books and this appears to be very similar to T.A waters "Elementeerie" from Mind, Myth, and Magick. The Waters effect was a reworking of Ted Annemann's "Slates & Aces."
Al Straker
View Profile
Grammar Host
Australia
1130 Posts

Profile of Al Straker
I have one for sale on Tricks and effects for sale thread. It's not a bad prop, made fairly well and works well but doesn't suit me.

Cheers,
Al
Al Straker
Resident Mystery Entertainer at Multiple Venues
Music & Mentalism Specialty Act 'Completely Mental'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyGhApqnG7I

(Old clip, show has changed quite a bit since then!)

Jazz & Contemporary Musician/Composer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnN3JNmeKns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sU_zfOvpneA
indomagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1143 Posts

Profile of indomagic
I got mine yesterday. It works well. It comes with 5 gimmick envelopes and blackboard. Both are quite freely examinable.Recommended.
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Is it the size of a standard envelope or a little larger?
cheerz
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Never mind, found it, 12" x 16"
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
Larry White revealed his envelope and poster board version of the slates in the Oracle. Very strong indeed NO need to spend big bucks, and no refils to buy.
POwerful magic for meer pennies. You'll discover a lot of that within the pages of the ORACLE.
Scott_Priest
View Profile
New user
Alabama
9 Posts

Profile of Scott_Priest
I sat on the fence debating these for a while & after seeing the 'refills' the thrill was gone for me. I have some nice spirit slates that slay.
Sapere Aude
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2445 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
Hey Guys, I'm coming in late here, But I have this and it works exactly as the ad says, and it is easy, very easy to do right under their nose, It works on stage or close up, I bought mine used from Al, I think, sorry Al, poor memory, and it is one of my best purchases, I used it several times during a one day trade show as it fit the company very well, It is not something I will ever use again, due to my type of venue, where I am usually in a crowd and surrounded , all that I do needs to fit in my pockets and my jacket, so I may want to sell it, or I may keep it , it is that cool.
Phil Pearce
View Profile
Loyal user
Dallas, GA
260 Posts

Profile of Phil Pearce
I just put one of these up for sale on the "Tricks & effects for sale or trade...". Mint condition. Excellent price.
Roni
View Profile
Elite user
405 Posts

Profile of Roni
In my lecture "Mentalism goes Bizarre" I demonstrate an effect named: "Between two worlds". The first part of this effect is very similar to what is described here although the effect is made out of two parts: The first part, the initials of a deceased appears on a piece of black paper inside a sealed envelope written in chalk.
The second part involves a candle flame whereby I put my palm over the candle flame and call for the spirits (Higher powers) to give me a sign (Verify) that the initials written in "Chalk" are in fact correct.
After a short while I take my palm away from above the candle flame only to realize that the "Spirits" "Burnt the same intials through the candle flame on my palm.
It is the first part of my effect that resembles very closely what is being discussed here with the blackboard.
Cheers
Roni
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » ::SWB:: auto writing board. hear anything?? (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL