The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Your opinion on Sasco vs Tango (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mmreed
View Profile
Inner circle
Harrisburg, PA
1432 Posts

Profile of mmreed
Wondering what the general opinions are on Sasco vs Tango brand coins?

I know schoolcraft.. johnson...etc.. are better... but in looking at the lower priced two vendors I mentioned - which do you guys prefer?
Mark Reed
Wedding and Event Entertainment
Jeff Corn
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1190 Posts

Profile of Jeff Corn
I'm a big fan of Tango. The quality of their coins is almost even with Johnson's. Almost.
Yes, that is my real name. Yes, I am a real person. No, you probably won't agree with me.
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3631 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
Out of those 2 id go with tango
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Profile of THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
They are both horrible, go with Johnson.
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3631 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
He doesn't care about johnson read the thread.
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

I know, I just fon't want anyone to make the mistake of getting Tango or Sasco coins. I guess if I had to pick one, it would be Sasco.
mmreed
View Profile
Inner circle
Harrisburg, PA
1432 Posts

Profile of mmreed
Thanks guys - just curious - what don't you like about either one? for example, I hate the cheaper very low end expanded shells simply because the shell doesn't fully cover - the lips werent stretched down.
Mark Reed
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

I don't like the Tango shells, because the color is way off, they are VERY distored, and only covers half the coin.
mmreed
View Profile
Inner circle
Harrisburg, PA
1432 Posts

Profile of mmreed
When you say the color is off - you mean the actual face of the coin looks off?

aren't these made from actual coins? What would turn them off color...maybe the heat of shelling them out?
Mark Reed
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

I have no idea. But the face of the shell looks nothing like a real coin. It looks like a flat gray disc.
tpax
View Profile
Elite user
Columbia, Maryland
443 Posts

Profile of tpax
I have a Tango Expanded Shell and flipper and Sasco unexpanded shell set. In looking at the quality of the Sasco vs Tango I would say the Tango was better. I agree about the distortion on the face, but the overall quality of the shell is good. The Sasco product has rough, irregular edges on the shell, so rough it will hang on my pants like a hook coin. In comparing the two based on quality I would go with the Tango.
I will say the Sasco was cheap and as a practice coin that has been dropped many, many times it has been a good investment. The hooking feature is OK with me as well!
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
To me, Tango is of higher quality.
Cybersloughter
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of Cybersloughter
I know that Ron Jaxon uses a Sasco flipper for his award winning routine "Flip-M-Out" and he was the reason I just purchased a new Sasco flipper this weekend. Without revealing too much, I would like to say that mine kind of looks like it has a crack on the back of it... However, It makes for a great intro to flippers and since I plan on performing most of Jaxon's routine, I don't mind putting a less expensive flipper into a spectators hands and having them drop it onto a table.

I wouldn't want to do that with a Lassen, Schoolcraft, or even a Kueppers...

Just my 2 cents, wait, now it's 1 cent, hold on, it's 2 cents again... no, no, it's 1 cent... Da** flipper coins...

JLJ

*edit*
I just noticed that Ron is now selling a Tango on his website, but in this link for the Café he mentions that he used a Sasco.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=159
James L. Johnson

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.
- Voltaire

... a rigmarole with a few bits of paper and lots of spiel. That is Mentalism
- Corinda
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Your opinion on Sasco vs Tango (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL