The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Coins across routines using a gravity flipper (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Rick11
View Profile
Loyal user
298 Posts

Profile of Rick11
Im looking for a decent coins across routine using a gravity flipper that not too difficult to perform!

Rick
organicmagician
View Profile
Veteran user
USA
345 Posts

Profile of organicmagician
Check out Destroyers book and DVDs by Troy Hooser. He does a number of relatively straightforward coins across-type routines with a flipper.

There is a guy who posts on here named Craig Petty who has a whole DVD of flipper stuff called Flipped Out, though its a bit newer and I haven't seen it. I think the difficulty level may be a little higher than the Hooser stuff based on previous posts.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
4 Coins your Hands by Dan Watkins is also a really sweet effect.
tedski
View Profile
Special user
New Jersey
792 Posts

Profile of tedski
Ron Jaxon's Flip em Out - he writes it up using a standard flipper, but he also suggests a minor adjustment. This wouldn't be necessary with a gravity flipper. Nice routine with spectator involvement.
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2325 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Ron Jaxon's routine is great as is Dan Watkins. Eric Jones also has a great routine called impossible coins across which is written up in Antinomy. On my DVD there are three coins across routines - Flipped Across, Empowerment and Flipped Out. Flipped Out is a three coin fingertip style coin routine with a production and a vanish built in and flipped across is a very direct and simple four coins across routine. Empowerment is a routine where the coins go from one spectators hand to the other spectators hand and the magician play no role in the technical side of the magic (it is apparently all done by the audience).

If you have any questions just ask!

Craig
andrelimantara
View Profile
Special user
Surabaya, Indonesia
871 Posts

Profile of andrelimantara
I second Paisa23...

It's really great effect

Cheers
Andre
"Good performance comes from good practice, Great performance comes from the heart - Andre Limantara"
jimmyj
View Profile
Veteran user
343 Posts

Profile of jimmyj
Hi,
I've purchased, but have not received yet, both of Craigs new DVD's ( Attack of the bag and Flipped out) From all of the reviews by some reputable coin guys, these look like two great items.

Although I do have many Flipper Coins and I've got all of the routines mentioned above, I just purchased a Morgan Gravity Flipper, since I'm moving most of my coin magic stuff to the bigger coins. Expensive? Yeah!

Can't wait to see if Craigs stuff plays as well with Morgans as it may play with halves.

Craig? Any thoughts or comments?
Thanks,
Jim
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2325 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Hi Jim,

Thanks so much for purchasing my DVD's - much appreciated!!

I perform in the real world with dollars and half dollars depending on the situation. When performing corporate dinners, table hopping and cabaret I tend to use dollars. When performing walkaround and at smaller tables of two or three people I tend to use half dollars instead.

All of the routines on Flipped Out can be performed with a Dollar sized flipper. I perform all the routines (except one) on the DVD with half dollars as these are WAY more popular with performers than dollar sized coins. The one exception to this is a routine called Flipped Out which I believe must be performed with dollars (it is a routines that is done at chest height ala 3 Fly and as such is designed for bigger audiences which means bigger coins). However all the routines have been performed many times with dollar sized coins. There is a routine called 'Empowerment' which is a coins across from one spectators hands to another spectators hands. As a general rule I perform this with half dollars exclusively as the moves are performed by the spectator and I never know if I am going to have a spectator with bigger hands or smaller hands. Therefore I have just got used to performing this particular routines with halves. There is no reason why you couldn't use dollars though.

I know you are going to have a lot of fun with your Morgan Dollar - using bigger coins mean you have more options when put into different performing conditions. Also if there is ever anything I can help with on either Attack of the Bag or Flipped Out just let me know.

Thanks once again for your interest

Craig
jimmyj
View Profile
Veteran user
343 Posts

Profile of jimmyj
Hello,
Coincidentally, I just received my Schoolcraft Morgan Flipper today. I had to bribe the clerk at the counter to give it to me early-Cost me $5.00 for the bribe. It matches all the rest of my Morgans perfectly.

It also fits my Lassen Morgan Expanded shell perfectly and matches up in color and patina.

Man, if they only knew!!! Sounds like some kind of symbiosis to me. HAHA.

In any event, thanks for taking the time out to answer my query about the Morgans, and I look forward to checking out your latest DVD's. From what I've read and reviewed so far, they're going to be good. I'll keep you posted.

Best of luck,
Jim
Rick11
View Profile
Loyal user
298 Posts

Profile of Rick11
Thanks to everyone for the great advice!

I'm going to order Craig's "Flipped Out" DVD this week!

Rick
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2325 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Thanks Jim

I have some Schoolcraft items and Lassen items but I prefer Lassen, IMO much better made. I know how you feel about waiting for a new gaff, when I know Todd has posted something to me I am like a kid waiting for Christmas.

Let me know what you think of the DVD, there is a review thread somewhere on the Café if you want to post a review but either way I hope you have fun with the material and some of it goes into your working set. Let me know which is your favourite routine.

Rick,

I am glad I could help and I hope you enjoy the DVD, it represents many years of my life!!! If you have any questions on the material please let me know and I will try and help.

By the way if you get on well with the flipper and end up using it don't forget to look into some of the other material suggested by other posters at some point down the line. Dan Watkin's routine is great as well and Eric Jones has one of the most beautiful routines I have ever seen in Flash Coins Relit.

Thanks once again

Craig
Rick11
View Profile
Loyal user
298 Posts

Profile of Rick11
I received the "Flipped out" DVD yestereday by Craig Petty! I've been working on flipped out, its really amazing the thought that has gone into it. Craig really has some top notched routines. If you don't have it yet, buy it!

Rick
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2325 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Thanks Rick, I am glad you are enjoying the DVD. If I can be of any assistance just let me know. Also let me know how you get on when you take the routines into "the real world"!!!

Craig
polygonsmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
372 Posts

Profile of polygonsmagic
The DVD is fantastic. There is at last some great material for the flipper. Thank you Craig and look forward to flipped out 2. Watkins 4 coins is also cool

Brett
Eric Jones
View Profile
V.I.P.
Director of Product Development
2101 Posts

Profile of Eric Jones
I just got my copy of Mr. Petty's DVD and have to say that I'm satisfied and impressed with his work on the flipper. My favorite routine on the disc would be Empowerment. The whole trick takes place apparently out of the magicians control. I absolutely love this routine. His patter for it alone gave me ideas for one of my own routines. If you haven't already, I'd highly suggest you picking a copy of this DVD up....come on, all the cool kids are doing it!!!!!!
“We're two tigers away from an act in Vegas.” Greg House M.D.
<BR>
<BR>http://www.ericjonesmagic.com
lcombs
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of lcombs
I believe Dean Dill has a forthcoming dvd on the use of a flipper coin as well.
polygonsmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
372 Posts

Profile of polygonsmagic
Craig Petty flipped out is very nice. Great DVD.
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2325 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Thanks Eric, That means a lot coming from someone with your skills!

I am glad the presentation is inspiring other ideas for you that was the intention - I spent a great deal of time working on my presentations as I feel that is the most important part of the routine.

Thanks once again Eric, I really appreciate it

Craig
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2325 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Quote:
On 2008-04-25 15:22, polygonsmagic wrote:
Craig Petty flipped out is very nice. Great DVD.

Thanks a bunch mate, I hope you are having fun with the routines. Are there any you like the best? Have you tried any out yet?

Thanks again

Craig
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Coins across routines using a gravity flipper (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL