The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Justin Miller's All Access Backstage Pass DVD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Alvin Martinez
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of Alvin Martinez
Let me start off by saying that my whole experience with Justin Miller has been phenomenal. I have been following his work since his great DVD set titled strolling hands and some of his most recent work like Time and Space and Transfixed. So I was checking my email and low and behold I receive a new email from the man himself stating that he released a new DVD packed with effects for 20 bucks free shipping. I jumped on it quick and placed my order right away.

Fast forward about four days and I received my DVD in the mail. popped it in and nothing but excitement when the first effect showed on the DVD was S.A.F 3.0. basically left me with my mouth open. I stopped the DVD and invited some of my magic buds so we can all jam to Justin's effects.

We started at 8 o clock at night and finished around midnight everyone was amazed with the effects in the dvd and the comedy of Justin Miller from him hitting his toe or signing cards as Billy Bob. The funniest bit had to be the key card line from the effect key card that had me dying!

lets get to the effects:

S.A.F 3.0- This is the final version of Justin's Seal-A-Feign effect from Strolling Hands 1 and 2

thoughts: Perfect opener And very visual, you take out a sealed card box with the cellophane still intact. You have a spectator sign a coin you then wrap the coin in flash paper light it up and throw it at the box. the coin and the card box fuse together signature still intact! you can show that its in there then with just a pluck the coin melts right off and comes out of the cellophane. Very sick!

3 Card Melody- the perfect effect for any walk-around environment with a normal,borrowed deck of cards...this one WILL go into your act!

Thoughts: Justin is a mind reader because this effect has gone into my act. Its a great effect to do on the fly with a bowered deck. you basically have three spectators pick three cards lose them in the pack and then you proceed to find them in very cool way. The routine flows perfectly!

3X- They get 3 chances to see if they can figure it out only to find a HUGE surprise at the end.

thoughts: This effect is a mixture of cards and coins where coins jump all over the place. very nice.

Guardians version 1- Borrowed deck, no gimmicks, and the most deceptive mystery card to date.

Thoughts: I really liked this version of guardians it flows great and no fishy moves this is bound to fry audiences.

Guardians version 2- Same as 1 but with 2 selections and a twist at the end.

Thoughts: as I said I like Guardians version 1 better because in this one at the beginning the magician "messes up" only to triumph at the end. still a nice addition to guardians 1

Keyed-Up- Make a drawing on a card come to life. A perfect strolling effect. (featured in Justin's 2005 notes HUH!)

thoughts: This effect is perfect for restaurant magicians I have been using it since I read it in is huh lecture notes.

The Force- From a shuffled deck a freely selected card is found to float out of the center of the deck and flips face up.

Thoughts: very nice effect I'm not very into loops so I wont be learning this one but the performance got me. so to all the guys that perform loop magic this effect is a keeper.

Traveling Light- A story of postal shipping and the most deceptive card switch around.

Thoughts: this effect features the four on the floor switch. it fooled the crap outta of me real bad. A very very nice switch perfect cover as well and can be done with one card!

V.C.R- A new way to do the Haunted Pack. People everywhere have been raving about this one!

thoughts: Awesome effect, once again for you loop guys this effect is killer.

Triple Take- Push 3 coins through the center of a table and into a waiting glass bowl with no funny moves and then cause all three to unexpectedly come right back through at the same time. You truly Have to see this to believe it.

thoughts: This effect has to be my favorite on the DVD. Very visual and stunning great effect.

So there you have it Justin Miller's New DVD. In my opinion the best bang for buck you can get right now all of the effects are killer.

thanks for the awesome new DVD Justin, Its bound to be a hit!

http://closeupjm.com/

Alvin
ixnay66
View Profile
Inner circle
Denver
1525 Posts

Profile of ixnay66
Thanks for the review!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Justin Miller's All Access Backstage Pass DVD (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL