The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » ORACLE (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
What do Doctor Spektor, Payne, Leslie Melville, Dr. Todd, KOTAH, Peter Marucci, Ed Solomon, Roni Shachnaey, and Larry White all have in common? They are all contributors to the current issue of ORACLE.

http://oraclemagicmagazine.com

This is one of the best issues yet of the finest periodical dedicated to our art.

All I can say is "WOW!"

Great material from a list of people I respect.

Tony
docsteve
View Profile
Inner circle
1831 Posts

Profile of docsteve
Have to agree Tony
Downloaded the pdf following Dorisma's mail yesterday and was pleasantly surprised at the wealth of material from our friends here in 'Spooky'.
Thanks chaps!
[
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4571 Posts

Profile of Payne
You think this issue is good. I hear there's an Andruzzi tribute issue coming soon that ought to rock your world.
This issue is great too, as you said "one of the best" even though it's got an idiot on the cover this time. Smile
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Agreed. Smile

Congratulations and well deserved Payne!

For those who live under a rock, Payne is a fantastic creator as well as performer, with a wide scope of experiences and performance history.

Although not in Oracle, my personal favorite is his Mona Lisa piece that was in MUM a few years ago. Smile

Tony
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4571 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On 2008-04-19 11:13, Tony Iacoviello wrote:

Although not in Oracle, my personal favorite is his Mona Lisa piece that was in MUM a few years ago. Smile

Yes, It was both a msterpiece for bothDaVinci's and I
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
This is a tremendous issue ( Not due to my minor itemO But bec ause of the wealth os truly incredible material from the other contributors ! The photo section covering Payne is fully worth the price of admission. There is no way anyone could read this issue of the ORACLE and walk away diappointed. Kudos as well to Larry, David and Doris for their work.

KOtah
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4207 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
I am a brand new subscriber to Orcale based on this thread. Better late than never.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Took long enough... Smile
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4207 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Yeah well...Smile
Doris gave me access to some online back issues of ORACLE while I wait for the print.
I'm very impressed!
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1976 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
Glad you like the new issue! The Oracle is a wonderful resource and worth getting the back issues. I like the combination of the printed front sheets and the web supplements.
Leslie Melville
View Profile
Special user
Blackpool-U.K.
708 Posts

Profile of Leslie Melville
Just received my copy of the latest 'Oracle' (I do live in a far off land!). The Payne material is wonderful! As someone who also occasionally performs The Chinese Sticks, I consider his routine alone to be worth the year's subscription!

I have seen the original 'Chinese Emperor/conjurer' version he refers to as the source of his presentation, but performed in a very bland manner and not very inspiring.

The Jim Rose Sideshow experience also is fascinating!

And that's only a small part of yet another great issue!

I fully endorse Kotah's comments; well done Larry, David and Doris!

Leslie
Stories....?....That's telling!
Thetruthteller
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of Thetruthteller
I agree, brilliant issue and well worth the whole years subscription for this single issue.

I ordered Payne's Lecture notes because of this issue and am glad I did as they are extremely useful and funny to boot. I've never seen lecture notes with footnotes before
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » ORACLE (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL