The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » The Sherlock Holmes Book of Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Nicholas
View Profile
Special user
I predict that I now have
900 Posts

Profile of Nicholas
http://www.sherlockholmesmuseum.com/product.php?code=BK9

Jeff Brown's "The Sherlock Holmes Book of Magic"
A miscellany of parlour tricks which have entertaining references to the published stories. 'You see, but you do not observe' said Sherlock Holmes to Doctor Watson. Paperback.

PRODUCT PARTICULARS
Product Code: BK9
Author: Jeff Brown
Pages: 96
Size: 215cm (h) x 139cm (w) x 6cm (d)
Weight: 0.150 kgs

£10

Just ran across this by accident and thought it might be of interest to some.
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
Cool, a combination of two of my favorite things.
What would Wavy do?
qureyoon
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
275 Posts

Profile of qureyoon
Sherlock ! One of my favourite ! Thanks for the info Smile
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
Oregon City Oregon, Oregon
2473 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
Jeff Brown, author of the book, is a resident of Juneau, where I recently lived.

He is a creative magician, great balloon artist, and an all around fun guy.

Check out his Balloons Around the World webpage, about the day he organized.
http://www.balloonsaroundtheworld.com/

RevJohn
Nicholas
View Profile
Special user
900 Posts

Profile of Nicholas
http://www.magicbypauline.com/mentalism2.html

CREATIONS by SAM SCHWARTZ
"The Untold Stories of Sherlock Holmes" is a hard cover, dust-jacked book of Sherlock Holmes stories and full instructions for 6 different tests. This book also incorporates Richard Himber's "FABULOUS GIMMICK" often called. "The greatest of all the Himber book tests".
Our price $30.00

For some strange reason, I (purely and completely by accident) ran across another Sherlock Holmes / mentalism item on Dan Tong's website. So, for those interested...
Gordon
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
692 Posts

Profile of Gordon
I tried to order this book shortly after it was reviewed in The Linking Ring, but the publisher wasn't very interested in my business. The book was not listed on their website, so I contacted them via email. They said it wasn't yet available, and I should check back in 2 months. When I wrote them later, asking if it was in stock and the price, they simply replied "please call us." No pricing information, no hours of business. It seemed so flakey that I just gave up.
Nicholas
View Profile
Special user
900 Posts

Profile of Nicholas
I don't have this booktest either. But, it is currently listed on their web page at http://www.magicbypauline.com/mentalism2.html
Just scroll down the page.
Nevertheless, the reaction you received is odd, indeed.
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
Jeff did a great job on this book. Fine graphics areprovided so you may make the props. I contributed to his Crayon book, and to his book of effects using miniature cards. I think it contained 1oo ideas, and as many bad but funny puns. JEff has a wicked sense of humor; as seen in the comedic photo morphed post cards he also creates.

KOtah
Gordon
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
692 Posts

Profile of Gordon
To be clear, it wasn't the booktest publisher, it was The Sherlock Holmes Book of Magic.

But I see now that you can order it on Amazon, so that seems like a better option.
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
Oregon City Oregon, Oregon
2473 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
Jeff might have some if you contact him directly.

John
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » The Sherlock Holmes Book of Magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL